News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ThrottleStop Primer

Started by Redaktion, April 15, 2017, 18:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillaume

I would like to know if I can used it and if yes How to stop the "idle CPU" sound (kind a sound like morse code/electrical) I don't really know if it's due to the CPU but I read that it's the c4 state or something like that whom cause this sound. I got a brand new HP Spectre x360 15 and don't want to change it if it's a commun sound to all the CPU's Laptop. I'm still on warranty so ....

ctc

Can you add an option to limit TDP per profile? Would allow a "silent" mode with reduced fan speed.

cloow

I was able to use this program before on my 4720hq laptop. Now it says cpu not supported?

Bluesette

Hi.. I did undervolt my laptop but when i play game the temperature is 80c same as before undervolted i wonder is this normal or not

Craig Ward

Quote from: Bluesette on March 05, 2018, 19:07:48
Hi.. I did undervolt my laptop but when i play game the temperature is 80c same as before undervolted i wonder is this normal or not

Hi Bluesette. Remember that temperature and clock speed have a relationship with each other. Your laptop might be set to limit temperature at a maximum of 80C, and previously it may have been slowing the processor significantly to achieve this temperature. Now it might be slowing the processor to a lesser extent before hitting 80C.

e.g.
- Before: CPU runs at 3.0 GHz until it hits 80C, then slows to 1.5 GHz to avoid going over this temperature.
- After: CPU runs at 3.0 GHz until it hits 80C, then slows to 2.5 GHz to avoid going over this temperature.

Bluesette

Quote from: Craig Ward on March 12, 2018, 18:41:45
Quote from: Bluesette on March 05, 2018, 19:07:48

Hi Bluesette. Remember that temperature and clock speed have a relationship with each other. Your laptop might be set to limit temperature at a maximum of 80C, and previously it may have been slowing the processor significantly to achieve this temperature. Now it might be slowing the processor to a lesser extent before hitting 80C.

e.g.
- Before: CPU runs at 3.0 GHz until it hits 80C, then slows to 1.5 GHz to avoid going over this temperature.
- After: CPU runs at 3.0 GHz until it hits 80C, then slows to 2.5 GHz to avoid going over this temperature.

Thank you. So it's normal that my temp reach around 80c to 83c when playing game.. am i right? and last thing what the difference between turn on and turn off in the menu.I did try to turn on but didn't see any difference.

Craig Ward

Quote from: Bluesette link=topic=66186.msg326185#msg326185
Thank you. So it's normal that my temp reach around 80c to 83c when playing game.. am i right? and last thing what the difference between turn on and turn off in the menu.I did try to turn on but didn't see any difference.

Normal is all relative. If you're using a thick 17-inch gaming laptop with a dual-fan cooling setup and mid-range components, then that'd be abnormal. If you're using a laptop that is considered thin for the type of hardware it is packing (e.g. an ultrabook form-factor with a dedicated GPU, then that would be normal.

Among my desktops and laptops is a 13-inch ultrabook with an MX150. When gaming it can quickly get to 80C unless I do things like use a cooling pad etc.

Humberto

Do it 'flashes'  UEFI? Or configurations is applyed after program runs on startup?

Donie

Is it okay to use throttlestop alongside wirh iolo system mechanic professional which also has cpu tweaks?

alejo099

Thanks for the great article. Very helpful. I am new to under-clocking and there is something I still don't understand. Why should I start throttle stop every time my computer starts, if my settings once applied, are permanent unless I delete the ini file? Thanks!

helpful55

About all this does is gets me overloaded. I just have the problem with my dell 5110 where it is not charging the battery or doesn't like the ac adapter. (I'm pretty sure it's fine). I would just like to get to where the laptop thinks the battery and charger are ok so it will modulate the multiplier. I used the advice of uncheck BD PROCHOT. Will that do what I want or how should I set thngs? Thanks.

Franck

Thank you so much, this app is outstanding !!!

Professor

Unneeded app. Just set Max. CPU utilization to 99% in power options of the selected profile (usually "balanced"). I usually set it only to the battery mode setting, as I want full power when I'm on the charger.

ewqdavid

Would you be able to make an tutorial how to undervoltage HP Spectre x360 15 8550u? I couldnt find anywhere on internet that went through under voltage this laptop. I hope you can help me on this. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview