News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

I believe in ray tracing, but I do not believe in Nvidia's RTX 3000-series GPUs

Started by Redaktion, December 13, 2020, 04:46:19

Previous topic - Next topic

C4L4V3R4

Hey man , only play competitive on line , and not interested in Ray tracing ,how hard is for you see that ? Can you accept that? Well nvidia don't ....  , The beautiful and expensive must be a opcional choice , nvidia must launch a whole lineup of gpus without rt and will be more budget friendly but no they want to force the entire community to adopt this shitty feature , 

Hal

I fully support hardware unboxed here.

They put up votes in youtube, and their viewers overwhelmingly voted for benchmark to be rtx off, since most people would prefer 120+ fps to rtx enabled.

Nvidia didn't like that hardware unboxed's benchmark put the 6900xt above the 3090 and punished them. If nvidia is unhappy with the bench they should work on their cards, not blame the reviewers or force them into using specific settings to appear ahead..

iqweioqwuje

Quote from: Hal on December 13, 2020, 13:58:58
I fully support hardware unboxed here.
They put up votes in youtube, and their viewers overwhelmingly voted for benchmark to be rtx off, since most people would prefer 120+ fps to rtx enabled.

lol what a nonsense, it's a lot simplier
NVidia 3060 Ti and 3070 cannot deliver high visual preset 1440p stable 60 fps with RTX enabled even with DLSS on.

Nvidiot

The majority of games today are not ray tracing based. The majority of games played are not even AAA. No wonder why people voted to have RT off for benches. Nvidia is just evil here. No one is disputing the possibility of huge RT potential in the future and no one is saying DLSS is bad. Yet Nvidia still feels like it's ego got bruised. What a giant douche of a company, bullying independent reviewers.

Peter McLean

I cannot believe the author is complaining about RT performance on their 2060 mobile. You literally have the absolute worst RTX enabled card. What do you expect? What are you doing using a laptop for gaming and writing reviews about brand new AAA titles.

Please do not post anything else from this author. You're just trying to click bait people to your site. Shame on you.
I own a 3000 series card upgraded from a 2070 super on a 5120x1440 ultrawide and it has a huge performance boost.

Write articles about something you know, because you clearly shouldn't be writing about gaming, video cards or computer hardware.

Peter McLean

Of course a high end video card today will not give high end results in AAA RTX games in 2-3 years. How long have you been a PC gamer?!?!?!?!
I've been doing this for 30 years. At least videos card last longer than 6 months now.
That's how high end PC gaming is.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FUTURE PROOFING A COMPUTER!!!

What reality is everyone in? If you can't afford PC gaming that's why consoles exist. So quit whining and go buy a console. Leave the high end PC gaming to the enthusiasts. I'm not trying to be mean I only speak the truth. I know people will be upset over my comments but that's life. Sometimes the truth hurts.

vOidward

This is e dumbest s*** I've read all week. Including Twitter and YouTube comments.

Complaining that a mobile 2060 can't run ray tracing well. Literally the lowest end first gen RTX gpu.

Claiming the cards that are the highest end most capable RTX cards have no future in ray tracing, that I'm currently using to run newly released titles to play games at 4k.

Claiming the cards are weak at rasterizarion and ray tracing when benchmarks put them at the top for both, without which AMD wouldn't have bothered implementing ray tracing.

This is a feeble gibberish filled smear peace that's a knee jerk response to what happened with hardware unboxed. No one likes what happened there, but to respond with abject nonsense makes your look low IQ.

Dillon O'Brien

So you brought a 2060m to the discussion about the 30 series performance and expect to be taken seriously? Rt performance did substantially go up for this gen as well. That's been extensively proven. I get you are salty at nvidia for good reason right now and also are desperate for clicks, but let's not become hack faux journalists over it. Who said a 3080 will be max settings rtx performance for a decade? Why is that point being debated when nobody claimed it? 1080ti is only three years old and it also struggles to max games out at 4k now. Nobody is screeching about a bad value there. It really seems like people made up their mind in 2017 and will keep feeling this way in the mid twenties when they are objectively wrong and rt is the basis of everything. Go shill for price fixing AMD some more. We all know how responsible their marketing is lmao. Remember being told they would have stock for everybody and then they sold less cards than nvidia and nobody wrote a little hissy fit blog post about it? Remember when they listed fake msrps for paper launched reference cards and then partners had to sell cards at scalper prices from official retailers while nvidia, who has many shared partners with radeon, has not raised prices on official retail outlets?  But I guess they are saints because they have worse performance for a feature that objectively is being used more now? Y'all are goofy af

Rushtest4echo

TL:DR-

Ray tracing in games isn't very good right now. Neither are RTX video cards. My 2060 sucks. It's a compromise between having unplayable FPS with RTX on and DLSS off, of a compromise that I'm mad it if I lower the resolution.

Not sure why everyone here is pissy in the comments. He's right. All of his points are valid.

Cole

That's some of the stupidest s*** I've ever read about gpus. I recently upgraded from a 1070 to a 3070 and the improvement in rasterization was amazing.

Im loving ray tracing and it was a major part of the motivation for the upgrade.

Are hardware journalists going to start acting like gaming journalists now.. edgy clickbait backlash articles with no grounding in reality?

I've valued some of your content in the past but this is just garbage.

JD0

I cannot believe someone with such limited understanding of the problem actually writes for a tech website. This sort of entitlement reminds me of those people that complains that their airplane Wi-Fi is terrible. Who are you? Do you have any idea how complex this is?! "I bought a $200 card and now I deserve to play in 8K ultra! Otherwise, I will write a mean unsubstantiated little article on my blog". Just be grateful that you can witness such a historic moment in the industry. That rep made a mistake probably moved by Nvidia's greed, but that won't change the enormous engineer feat they pulled. Like with programmable shader they revolutionized the industry, and in a few years time you will take for granted photorealistic worlds just like you do with everything else in your life...

JD0

Also, just use GeForce now, you won't have to compromise on anything on your potato machine...

FlaviusFire

I understand what the point of this article is, but I don't think it's valid. Like the author I also own a 2060, a desktop one but a 2060 none-the-less. And all the games I have that support ray-tracing, particularly Minecraft, all look gorgeous with it on. I can always get at least 60 FPS at 1080p, and as for DLSS- why wouldn't you use it? In my experience there is pretty much no visual difference whatsoever with it on and with it off, because it's just gotten SO GOOD, and I get way more FPS. So with the same card as the author of this article, I've had a great experience. So. Take that as you will.

As for the issue with the journalist, I haven't had a whole lot of time to look into it yet but I would agree that NVIDIA are being jerks. I would say though, as others here in the comments have said, that doesn't effect the performance and quality of their video cards... Why would it?

As for the 30 series cards themselves- they're awesome cards and to say otherwise is kinda bs, ngl. Look at the benchmarks. They all have vast improvements in speed over the previous 20 series. And us for the argument that they're struggling to run the latest and biggest games at high resolutions- of course they are. The developers of these games are going to squeeze out as much possible performance as they can, and besides many of these 'fails to run at high FPS' are 4K benchmarks. What do you think is going to happen with such an already graphically-instensive game?

Anyway. The article has issues. If I misread then that's on me.

Frankie

It's funny how you read the comments and the writing style of the people hating on the writer sound like the same person making posting with different names.

There can't be even this many people who will ride or die for a billion dollar organization who cares nothing about you. RTX is aight if you turn down the settings. It's not prime time and won't be for generations. FACT. You can't strong arm a relatively smaller YouTube media company into not reporting a feature that has better framerates and is more widely adopted. I mean, they can if they want. Because, that is what the mob does.

BlueCat49

To be CONCISE:
Ray tracing is the future of gaming, but this generation of hardware is not practicably capable of taking advantage of it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview