News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

I believe in ray tracing, but I do not believe in Nvidia's RTX 3000-series GPUs

Started by Redaktion, December 13, 2020, 04:46:19

Previous topic - Next topic

S.Yu

Wow, 6 pages of comments in a day, this has got to be (at least) the hottest article of the year on this site! I was gonna say something else but forgot what I was gonna say seeing all these comments.

Eo09

Nvidia and Intel have been sharing best practices? I saw the first half of Linus's rant and he actuallt made a ton of good points. RT is still in the oven and we will see in 5 years. Lots of innovations did not pan out in the mainstream.

Smart European Customer

Muricans are not too smart, like wtf.. capitalism fried your tiny yet overweight brains.

You are so good, you just spent 1000$ on 30 series to play 2018 rtx titles under 60 FPS (unless u toggle some shi**y upscaler called DLSS)

In a year or less, your 30 series will be incapable of running new rtx games. Lol, it already cant hold 60FPS with RTX and no DLSS in CP2077 xDD
And you will have to spend 1000$ again just to play RTX titles released past 2 years with 40fps.

Thanks for the USA, the only place u can so easilyy make money on shi**y products - manipulation and marketing is all u need if u wanna sell product to muricans.

Francois

Exactly, European people are much smarter. We built, um, better GPUs. Our GPUs are awesome and much faster than American branded stuff like Nvidia or AMD or Intel or Apple. That's why capitalist Americans haven't even heard of our awesomeness. Our product prices are high to begin with, so we can't even tell the difference between scalping and regular pricing. Silly Murica.

Quote from: Smart European Customer on December 15, 2020, 05:05:14
Muricans are not too smart, like wtf.. capitalism fried your tiny yet overweight brains.

You are so good, you just spent 1000$ on 30 series to play 2018 rtx titles under 60 FPS (unless u toggle some shi**y upscaler called DLSS)

In a year or less, your 30 series will be incapable of running new rtx games. Lol, it already cant hold 60FPS with RTX and no DLSS in CP2077 xDD
And you will have to spend 1000$ again just to play RTX titles released past 2 years with 40fps.

Thanks for the USA, the only place u can so easilyy make money on shi**y products - manipulation and marketing is all u need if u wanna sell product to muricans.

90s Gamer

Thing is, to fully path-trace actually photorealistic games in 16K VR 240 fps, we would need a hundred thousand times more rays per second than Turing. Unfortunately (as seen in Control), Ampere doesn't even double Turing's ray-tracing performance.

With doubling every two years, it will take 33 years. With +60% every two years (like Ampere), it's gonna take as long as 50 years. I find 50 years unreasonable and unacceptable and that's assuming they won't go below 60% because of the end of transistor shrinking.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview