News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Pavilion 15 Power (i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2017, 20:32:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Power play. HP is pushing the limits on how powerful a Pavilion system can be without calling it a gaming notebook. The Pavilion 15 Power is the best and potentially most expensive in the series yet.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-15-Power-i7-7700HQ-GTX-1050-Laptop-Review.230382.0.html

Miguel Angel

Hello! (hopefuly Allen is watching),

So I've been looking for a laptop for the past week, and I got my eye in the HP Pavilion Power 15 but couldn't find any reviews online. So definitely, yours has helped to clear my mind when it came out. I think this is a great piece of technology but both the heat and noise made by the fans is what is holding me back from making a decision.

I will be using this laptop for engineering purposes (student of a Masters in Electrical Engineering and IT), but in certain occasions I may use it for gaming purposes. Therefore, I'm looking for something that is portable, has a really decent battery life (around 8 h for web browsing, playing youtube videos, writing documentation in word, and running code in Matlab), is powerful in terms of processor (I think i7-7700HQ is the best one can find around nowadays).

So my questions are:

-Is the heat on the right palm area and on the core of the laptop where it can get up to 60º such a reality, or only when it gets pushed to the max (considering I might be using it on my lap)?

- Is the noise so noticeable to be annoying over time?

-The other laptop I'm considering is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 7567, which I know is way heavier, and the TN screen is apparently really bad in quality, but the rest is really similar or even better. Which one would be your recommendation?

miguelpiquet

Sorry for the second post, sent it without finishing.

-A third and final option I'm considering is the Lenovo Yoga 720-15, which looks really portable, powerful enough for my needs and with decent memory for storage.

Thank you very much for your time, and thank you for such an awesome page and work reviewing these laptops.

Casey

Can you link that maintenance guide? I'm not finding it on the CUKUSA website and you're not kidding about how hard it is to crack the shell on this one!

Valentin

Hello,

For information you can disable the option "Fans always active" in the BIOS, in day-to-day browsing loads and without a HDD, the laptop is completly quiet.

Andri

Quote from: Miguel Angel on July 08, 2017, 13:56:05
Hello! (hopefuly Allen is watching),

So I've been looking for a laptop for the past week, and I got my eye in the HP Pavilion Power 15 but couldn't find any reviews online. So definitely, yours has helped to clear my mind when it came out. I think this is a great piece of technology but both the heat and noise made by the fans is what is holding me back from making a decision.

I will be using this laptop for engineering purposes (student of a Masters in Electrical Engineering and IT), but in certain occasions I may use it for gaming purposes. Therefore, I'm looking for something that is portable, has a really decent battery life (around 8 h for web browsing, playing youtube videos, writing documentation in word, and running code in Matlab), is powerful in terms of processor (I think i7-7700HQ is the best one can find around nowadays).

So my questions are:

-Is the heat on the right palm area and on the core of the laptop where it can get up to 60º such a reality, or only when it gets pushed to the max (considering I might be using it on my lap)?

- Is the noise so noticeable to be annoying over time?

-The other laptop I'm considering is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 7567, which I know is way heavier, and the TN screen is apparently really bad in quality, but the rest is really similar or even better. Which one would be your recommendation?
Hello Sir , Actually we have Same term here , im also electrical engineering student majoring in computer , i think so that dell inspiron is too heavy ,and the latest one is from asus nv580vd same specs with thinner body and fingerprint , but the disadvantage of that asus is because it just have about 40wh battery , that make me think the more thinner of that laptop it become useless because lack of battery life ,, but this hp pavilion power 15 is lack of review , which is make me more curios about this laptops.

Quote from: Valentin on August 26, 2017, 21:57:11
Hello,

For information you can disable the option "Fans always active" in the BIOS, in day-to-day browsing loads and without a HDD, the laptop is completly quiet.

is it really can be disabled ?

Valentin

Quoteis it really can be disabled ?

Yes, with no HDD the laptop is complety quiet. Obviously, if you play or make more intensive tasks, the fan is activated.

Andri

Quote from: Valentin on August 29, 2017, 17:00:54
Quoteis it really can be disabled ?

Yes, with no HDD the laptop is complety quiet. Obviously, if you play or make more intensive tasks, the fan is activated.

do you have this pavilion power 15 ? can i ask you a few question ,, may i get your email contact ? if this not bothering you.
because im really confused between this hp pavilion power 15 or asus n580vd

Valentin

Quotedo you have this pavilion power 15 ? can i ask you a few question ,, may i get your email contact ? if this not bothering you.

Yep I bought it. Sorry I do not want to give my mail in public, but I can contact you if you give me your mail.

Andri

Quote from: Valentin on August 30, 2017, 19:40:51
Quotedo you have this pavilion power 15 ? can i ask you a few question ,, may i get your email contact ? if this not bothering you.

Yep I bought it. Sorry I do not want to give my mail in public, but I can contact you if you give me your mail.

[email protected]

There is my email

MUQ

Vicente

There's a new vesion with a GTX 1050Ti. A review would be very welcome. :)

ito

I read the specs about the HP pavilion 15 power on the HP website, it says that the usb-C supports DP 1.2, is it true? I haven't seen any review confirming this so I'm taking the specs from HP's website with a grain of salt

Giacomo

Hello,
I purchased this laptop and although I disabled the "fan always on" option in the BIOS they always run, even at idle. Any ideas? I've already updated the BIOS, reset windows, changed the power plan. I'm desperate, please help.

P.s I have the configuration with the core i5 7300HQ, the GTX 1050 and the hard drive.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview