News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

help with go7900gs (dell 9400)

Started by putkinen, September 22, 2006, 22:49:40

Previous topic - Next topic

putkinen

i read on the internet that you can OC go7900gs whitout flash VBIOS, im not sure about it. if i flash, can i flash it back to orginal settings after ? it was a tool called "nbiteditor" , someone who have use it ?

here is a citat from notebook review;
"People often overvolt their cards becuse someone told them so, well here is some evidence on why it is not necesary for some of us, you can get the same performance and stability at the original 1V. Just use nbiteditor to set the MAXIMUM VID (7) to 1V
Only with your stock bios that came directly form dell, (i forgot to back up mine) or with a custm bios with the highest VID (7) at 1V, can you run your card at 1V, becuse the roms on the popular ISO`s have their VID (7) at 1.24, and becuse it is built to use the highest VID avaible, your card will allways run at 1.24 even if you think that its running at 1V. Try usng riva tuners monitor utility to see the current VID of your card and its info tool to see what is its corresponding voltage. Not all cards are the same, but mine runs at 600/1200 at 1V with the same performance and quality as with 1.24v, and i am pretty sure that everyone elses too, just be sure to have higher GPU clocks when ocing the memory over 1000Mhz. (use 525/1050 instead of 490/1150 550/1100 instead of 790/1150 and so on, becuse this configuration are more stable)
The first picture shows a succesfull no artifacted 3rdmark 05 test at 1V the second is at 1.24V
The third picture is mi highest 3dmark 05 score (the voltage had nothing to with it) The fourth picture shows my best 3d mark 06 score at 1V with merom running at 2GHz 0.16 lower than normal, i will soon post my top scores becuase i now have merom succesfully running at 2.16Ghz and the overclocked GS with a 90w AC adapter with the help of MRclock utlity.

i Will do more research on the power cunsomtion side efects, but as far as i can messure, what determinates your power consumption is not the voltage, but the clocks at wich your card is set to. keep this in mind and start using your own rooms."

Shao Liu (Free)

there should be no problem flashing back your bios. just don't forget to make a backup of your current one.

but why do you want to flash it? you can overclock the card with the stock bios of Dell, like the article says.
I wouldn't try to overclock the card if I were you... but thats your choice.

anima322

well, i got a Toshiba P100-194 which has a Geforce 7900GS but i ve never read about overclocking without tools or flashing the bios.. i dont know if that is possible, but i would NEVER set up the clock speed of this graphiccard because it gets hot enough in standard-clockspeed and it does also have much power for actual games... there is no need to overclock it, well that is my opinion, if you got a PC then you might be able to succeed in overclocking, but a notebook will get too hot when you overclock such a powerful graphiccard!

putkinen

Quote from: Free on September 23, 2006, 08:58:41
there should be no problem flashing back your bios. just don't forget to make a backup of your current one.

but why do you want to flash it? you can overclock the card with the stock bios of Dell, like the article says.
I wouldn't try to overclock the card if I were you... but thats your choice.
Dell have locked the bios for go7900gs in 9400, that why.
can i just burn my orginal bios with NERO, is it a img file i burn with, and where can i find the orginal bios in my laptop . i think go7900gs is underclocked because it can be a lot more clocked. with good temp. BUT i have never flash something before, thats why im little bit nervous.
my rigg is: 2 x 1024mb ram, core 2 duo 2.0ghz (4mb L2-cache), go7900gs, 80gb 7200rpm , does someone have simuliar rigg, maybe i dont need to OC, it maybe works with full AA anyway in BF2, etc.
thanks

Klaus Hinum

you can "find" the orignal bios with special tools that can extract the bios as a file (don't ask me where you can find them, i have no idea) but usually it should be the same tool that can copy the new bios on the card.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview