News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED 2023 review - The slimmest OLED ultrabook worldwide struggles with annoying fans

Started by Redaktion, May 01, 2023, 02:40:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has completely reworked last year's Zenbook S13 OLED, and the new 2023 model has now become lighter and also slimmer. In addition, Asus has replaced the AMD chip with an Intel Raptor Lake processor, but that isn't really an advantage. In everyday operation, the two fans are also a problem.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-S-13-OLED-2023-review-The-slimmest-OLED-ultrabook-worldwide-struggles-with-annoying-fans.711985.0.html

Seth

Just want to say bravo on the review and on all of the reviews you guys do. No other publication is as thorough, and no other publication covers the small things that matter to me such as the frequency of the fan noise (which WAS addressed in your review). Thanks for the review and keep it up.

Ednumero

Huge fan of the true-to-axis matrix photo in this review! Really creates an accurate impression when horizontal and vertical are reflected correctly.

GameXGR

Would love to see Asus use the Z1Extreme/7840U chips they are using in the ROG ally handheld, they would beat the heck outta this even at 15W, especially in the iGPU department.

Neenyah

Lol, we literally 100% copy Apple's MacBooks with design, no big deal. Even Huawei is not taking it to such extreme. Identical keyboard, touchpad size even...

Alexander_

Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 10:31:40Lol, we literally 100% copy Apple's MacBooks with design, no big deal. Even Huawei is not taking it to such extreme. Identical keyboard, touchpad size even...
Wow! I love the "experts", especially when they confuse the "chicken and the egg".

ZenBook 2011 is pictured.

Glory to the "witnesses of the Apple"! 😁

Neenyah

Quote from: Alexander_ on May 01, 2023, 22:41:28
Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 10:31:40Lol, we literally 100% copy Apple's MacBooks with design, no big deal. Even Huawei is not taking it to such extreme. Identical keyboard, touchpad size even...
Wow! I love the "experts", especially when they confuse the "chicken and the egg".

notebookcheck.com/fileadmin/_migrated/pics/IMG_0518_04.JPG ZenBook 2011 is pictured.

Glory to the "witnesses of the Apple"! 😁
Sorry to say but you have to check your eyes (and read what I wrote). Touchpad + keyboard. On the linked image they are nowhere near the same. Here to help you with your 2011 example included: imgur.com/H78IV8o

Neenyah

Btw, just compare that, 2023 complete "redesign" with the last year's model and what a shocker - 2022 doesn't look like a MacBook Pro at all 😮 notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/8/f/csm_IMG_4905_531de95b07.jpg

(Love how Cloudflare is going crazy today with NBC)

Alexander_

Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 22:54:06Here to help you with your 2011 example
I see you have looked at some pictures.
Well, then it would be good if you did a little research on the development of touchpads in ZenBook-s.

Asus gradually introduced larger and larger touchpads.
Here is the 2012 UX31A. 105x73mm
Here is the 2012 MacBook Pro 13. 104x76mm
Here is the 2020 ZenBook UX425. 126x74mm (A functional touch pad)
Here is the 2021 MacBook Pro 14. 122x86mm

But I agree with you, the proportions of the touchpad at Apple have become similar to Asus 😁

In some defense of "Your thoughts", I can say that all manufacturers take something from each other: Apple from Huawei, Samsung and vice versa; Windows from MacOS and vice versa. (For example, MacOS borrowed from Windows: Spotlight, Virtual Desktop Manager, Quick Look (Windows Preview Pane), Support for multiple monitors).
Manufacturers are constantly looking at "trends". And they try to adjust their products to the preferences of the consumer. So there is no need to "jump to conclusions" (or even exclaim) "This is copied from my most favorite brand" when you see something similar in other products.

Neenyah

Quote from: Alexander_ on May 02, 2023, 09:53:35
Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 22:54:06Here to help you with your 2011 example
I see you have looked at some pictures.
Well, then it would be good if you did a little research on the development of touchpads in ZenBook-s.

Asus gradually introduced larger and larger touchpads.
asus gradually introduced larger and larger touchpads. here is the 2012 ux31a.105 x 73 mm Here is the 2012 UX31A. 105x73mm

notebookcheck.com/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_Tastatur_84_58e4778c73.jpg Here is the 2012 MacBook Pro 13. 104x76mm

notebookcheck.com/uploads/tx_nbc2/zenbook14-ux425-1.jpg"]Here is the 2020 ZenBook UX425. 126x74mm (A functional touch pad)

notebookcheck.com/fileadmin/_processed_/c/e/csm_IMG_2624_33ae58021e.jpg Here is the 2021 MacBook Pro 14. 122x86mm

But I agree with you, the proportions of the touchpad at Apple have become similar to Asus 😁
You can twist it all day long just to appear that you are correct but none of those look anywhere near to MacBook (nor MacBooks to those).

Quote from: Alexander_ on May 02, 2023, 09:53:35In some defense of "Your thoughts", I can say that all manufacturers take something from each other: Apple from Huawei, Samsung and vice versa; Windows from MacOS and vice versa. (For example, MacOS borrowed from Windows: Spotlight, Virtual Desktop Manager, Quick Look (Windows Preview Pane), Support for multiple monitors).
Lol and all those "Windows" things existed in Linux (KDE and Gnome/Gnome Shell) solid 15 years before they even appeared in Windows but yeah, you are absolutely 100% right to make you happy and to fuel your ego 👍

Quote from: Alexander_ on May 02, 2023, 09:53:35Manufacturers are constantly looking at "trends". And they try to adjust their products to the preferences of the consumer. So there is no need to "jump to conclusions" (or even exclaim) "This is copied from my most favorite brand" when you see something similar in other products.
Funny how Lenovo is not blatantly copying Apple with aesthetics (oh wait, it's Apple copying others!!!!1), or Dell, or Acer, or HP, or Razer (that is very close yet still very distinctive), or... You name it.

Alexander_

Quote from: Neenyah on May 02, 2023, 14:07:07but none of those look anywhere near to MacBook
But banal at least take a look at the dimensions and years. Are you still arguing that Apple (couldn't) follow others in something!?

Quote from: Neenyah on May 02, 2023, 14:07:07all those "Windows" things existed in Linux (KDE and Gnome/Gnome Shell) solid 15 years before they even appeared in Windows
An interesting thought and ... I will give the facts again.
2001 "Start Menu Search" in Windows XP
2005 Spotlight
2011 Dash to Dock (GNOME Shell v3)

2006 "Windows Preview Pane" in Windows Vista
2007 Quick Look
2008 Gloobus Preview (*nix)

But this does not mean that the functions were 100% developed by this or that manufacturer. For example, normal support for multiple monitors on Linux was implemented only in 2008-2009. In MacOS - only in 2011. Although in Windows - the function was implemented already in 2001. However, the basic stuff was really developed back in the early versions of Linux. Therefore, it is not 100% correct to say that this or that manufacturer invented the function, because: one could only "invent" it, the other could implement it.

But, as you can see, Windows is not behind here either. Suddenly, right? 😊

Again. If you saw some functionality in products from another manufacturer, it does not mean that they imitate "your favorite manufacturer".

Neenyah

My man is doing wild gymnastics and pulling out random totally irrelevant (yet incorrect) things just to prove that the Zenbook S 13 2023 (2022 is indeed nowhere near it) is not looking basically identical as the 14" MacBook Pro.

I don't even doubt that in your way of looking things Apple was actually the one who copied Huawei and their MateBook X Pro 2022 and MateBook D 15 2022, not the other way around; MacBooks are their clones!

Fun(ny) guy...

Neenyah

Quote from: Alexander_ on May 02, 2023, 16:46:18Again. If you saw some functionality in products from another manufacturer, it does not mean that they imitate "your favorite manufacturer".
Oh yeah, lol, I completely forgot this cute part about "my favourite manufacturer" (because objectivism is unfamiliar to you so it must be my fav, yep). Look at that Apple and how much I love it: imgur.com/C7grSyw

Oh wait...

Alexander_

Quote from: Neenyah on May 02, 2023, 16:53:57My man is doing wild gymnastics
I don't know what your man (or husbend) does and who you are (also a "fun guy"?).

But I must agree that Apple has very powerful maretologists who have brought marketing to an absolute level - religion. And her fans only see what they want to see.

P.S. I did not claim that Apple borrowed from Huawei for the MacBook.
Do not misrepresent or mislead forum users.

Thanks for amused me (/us) and...
Quote from: Neenyah on May 01, 2023, 22:54:06you have to check your eyes
because I stated the facts, and you - "your world perception".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview