News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre x360 14 Convertible Review: An Instant Favorite

Started by Redaktion, December 23, 2020, 08:47:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

There's a new 13.5-inch HP Spectre in town and it absolutely trumps the 13.3-inch Spectre that came before it. The jump to 3:2 is a natural move to put the Spectre series more in line with prosumer competitors like the Dell XPS or Asus ZenBook S series.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-x360-14-Convertible-Review-An-Instant-Favorite.511009.0.html

constantin

Hi, can you please check the S3 sleep mode support?
Is that available as a BIOS setting? (Sleep Windows/Linux)
I find it ridiculous that new laptops come without it, which makes leaving you machine in standby you will find it with the battery depleted.
That would make it an instant dealbreaker for me.

Nam

Would love a 15 inch version of this with SODIMM slots and M.2 WiFi. And AMD options.

Barong

HP, you're killing me! I have the first-gen Spectre x360 13, and literally every single day I want to throw it out the window because of the terrible trackpad. And every review I have ever read of the Spectre has complained about the trackpad -- but it took HP 6 years to fix it! And when they do finally fix it, they take away the right Ctrl key! I use that dozens of times a day. How often will I use the fingerprint reader? They fixed one usability issue and introduced another. I'd been waiting for HP to fix the trackpad before I upgraded, but I will not be buying from HP after all, it seems. Lenovo, here I come.

adjfljfkl

Quote from: constantin on December 23, 2020, 12:38:14
Hi, can you please check the S3 sleep mode support?
Is that available as a BIOS setting? (Sleep Windows/Linux)
I find it ridiculous that new laptops come without it, which makes leaving you machine in standby you will find it with the battery depleted.
That would make it an instant dealbreaker for me.

I have the HP Spectre x360 13, and it does seem to be an option in the BIOS, and it does come with it enabled by default. When I put the laptop to sleep mode, it goes to sleep like it should. Because of that, on standby, when sleeping, it sat for an entire day unplugged and only lost 5 percent of its battery. I love it.

a random monkey

This laptop is a real competitor against the Surface Laptop 3, let alone XPS. This thing with its 3:2 aspect ratio kills the XPS's 16:10, and it even has better performance than it due to the higher power limits. Wow HP, I'm surprised. I thought that they were known for having terrible trackpads, but this thing looks surprisingly good!

fear der beard

Can you guys review the Spectre x360 13 OLED? Even though it's supposed to have a 400 nit OLED panel, it seems even brighter than my old Macbook Pro 13 (2 TB3) 2017's 500 nit one. Can you guys check?

Olivander

Only 16GB soldered ram, a glossy panel, hard to maintenance, only 1 year of warranty...this is crazy. This is soon to be electronic trash.
Why do you give it 89% then?

John Smith

Quote from: Olivander on December 23, 2020, 14:32:22
Only 16GB soldered ram, a glossy panel, hard to maintenance, only 1 year of warranty...this is crazy. This is soon to be electronic trash.
Why do you give it 89% then?

Insanely good keyboard, optional OLED display, 3:2 aspect ratio, quad speakers, surprisingly good battery life, really good performance, 2-in-1 functionality, and an amazingly pristine look. This thing deserves more than an 89%.

iUser

Spectre x360 14 looks nice, but it is overpriced, even considering pretty rare 3:2 screen.
Do you plan to review ThinkBook 13s G2?
Looks like it will be one of the best valued 16:10 laptops with overall interesting specs.

angry ryzen fan

Quote from: iUser on December 23, 2020, 16:14:27
Spectre x360 14 looks nice, but it is overpriced, even considering pretty rare 3:2 screen.
Looks like it will be one of the best valued 16:10 laptops with overall interesting specs.

It might seem overpriced, but HP has some sort of deal with Best Buy, and over there, you can get this exact same config for 300 less, making it much better value.

Intool

Looking forward to the 3:2 15 inch version, without soldered RAM and WIFI.

Paulius

Quote from: iUser on December 23, 2020, 16:14:27
No touchscreen, not 2in1... You might as well recommend to buy a refrigerator :)

bandage

Considering that this device is coming from HP, this is surprisingly good. I might as well buy it to replace by 2017 XPS 13

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview