News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 owners may be experiencing a fatal issue on their phones

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2020, 21:59:05

Previous topic - Next topic

kaitlynn shingle

I have not experienced the green/yellow tint... I refused to download updates within the first month of an update release. Thankfully, but as of April I have been experiencing my phone begin to slowly overheat more than normal. Its very discouraging, however, I'm one of the lucky people. Since being with T-Mobile and enacting the month by month warranty with them (you can do this when you purchase a device from them, or within 30 days of purchasing a device somewhere else), and I have the ability now to go through Assurant and get my phone fixed and/or replaced. Luckily that is in my best interest.

Karen

I got my Note 9 last November 2018. I encountered issues last March. The display is degraded with grey lines, I need to set my display to highest - to remove the grey lines and have a bit clearer display.
Front Camera issue. The xamera seems to have a filter that cannot be modified, when infact all filters were disabled.
Battery. The battery overheats while just browsing for 30 minutes.

kaitlynn shingle

Quote from: Craig Billings on July 20, 2020, 08:43:51
My note 9, almost 2 years old in December gets incredibly warm. I thought it was the weather or in my pocket. But even sitting in front of AC it gets crazy hot! iPhone here I come...

See I won't buy an iPhone with the lack of expandable memory. That's not something that appeals to me.

My note 9 was starting to become warm within the last couple months, and it was becoming alarming as back when I had my S5, I had a screen break, and when I had my warranty fix my cracked screen, then the phone was overheating so bad that I suffered minor burns to my cheek and hand. I have since enacted my warranty with T-Mobile to fix it. It is sad but this is why warranties are a godsend. And T-Mobile has monthly warranties when you BYOD or you buy a phone through them, but it must be done within 30 days of purchasing the device and you must show proof if you bring your own device.

NoneYa

I"ve got my Note 9 and it's running build # *.U4DTD3 and android version 10.   Not sure if that helps, but no odd display behaviour here.

I never have the display at >50-60% so maybe that helps in not getting the green screen of death?

KHALID RAFFAA

My Note 9 still works in a great  condition even aftet nearly two years of service.
Thank you

Kir

I have a note 8 but I had to replace the screen twice due to burn in. No issues with the green turning greenish or overheating but I can no longer charge it with a wire only wirelessly cause it caught fire with the wire in charger and melted the port.

Juan Gutiérrez

Have had this issue for two months, latest update today with One UI 2.1, the problem is still there. Definitely holding the adquisition of a Note 10, probably will not buy it if Samsung at least not recognize the problem

nohablaingles

So far my Note 9's display is fine. I have notice it seems to heat up if I'm using for a long time or if I'm charging it.

Marx

After owning s8 and having to change 3 sun burned screens I now know that if you want to keep a screen for more than few months you must protect it from direct sunlight.

Jonathan Banate

I have that problem with my note9. It is so disappointing that after a few minutes of using, it overheats and the screen turns into  green with  low resolution.  I have been buying samsung phones for several years now and if samsung will not issue a fix on this, I will go back using apple.  Will also tell my friends and family about it.  As I have convinced them before to switch with samsung. I will convince them not to buy samsung.  I hope you samsung guys do something about it.

Jom Ama

Note 9.   Display brightness randomly reduces to minimum brightness so you cannot view it til in dark lighting. AND battery % tanks since update.  Get away from Samsung. Sadly, not a well supported product anymore and apparently easily hackable.

silviopaolomaldini

my note 9 became another victim of this green yellow screen after the update! all of a sudden it is appearing and it stops if i close and open the screen a few times!

i am also so disappointed with Samsung updates and the company itself ! 

Arvi

I have no issues with my note 9. Ridiculous comments from people saying they are going to iphone. Do it and remember why you went android.

I've had no problems on my note 9. And guess what, Note 9 has headphone jack and still very fast phone. I recently cracked the screen and had it replaced. The fee was standard but they also replaced the battery, metal frame and charging port. Was initially hurt by the fee but happy to discover that they replaced the other important stuff too.

Mahesh H Saha

No issue at all. For me it is just rumour from those who wants to promote made in china.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview