News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD 7 nm Renoir accomplishes what Intel couldn't do with 10 nm Ice Lake Core i7-1065G7 or 14 nm Comet Lake-U Core i7-10710U

Started by Redaktion, March 17, 2020, 04:06:25

Previous topic - Next topic

william blake

Quote from: Valantar on March 18, 2020, 09:39:26
It's a bit of a stretch to put production and shipping delays due to the corona virus on her shoulders, no?
she is a weak ceo. and pretty famous for broken promises and bad launches. famous for being unfriendly to consumers also. so no, no stretch.

Valantar

Quote from: william blake on March 18, 2020, 13:02:34
Quote from: Valantar on March 18, 2020, 09:39:26
It's a bit of a stretch to put production and shipping delays due to the corona virus on her shoulders, no?
she is a weak ceo. and pretty famous for broken promises and bad launches. famous for being unfriendly to consumers also. so no, no stretch.
Really. Hm. I think you're quite alone in that opinion, seeing how she's led AMD from near-bankruptcy to being profitable and near debt-free, has gone from being so far behind in CPU performance they were a joke with near-zero market share to leading in performance and efficiency and gaining marketshare rapidly in all markets, and has negotiated dominance in two large-volume game console generations for them (the first before she became CEO, though), has executed flawlessly on a long-term CPU roadmap, and is on the way to bringing them back to GPU competitiveness in a big way after the previous GPU division boss (who demanded and got a lot of freedom in how their GPUs were developed) jumped over to Intel. Even if there have been setbacks and delays along the way, your view is extremely selective, focusing on minor negatives and entirely ignoring huge positives. The PC and gaming industries would not be where they are today if it weren't for Dr. Su.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview