News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Power Overwhelming: Dell XPS 15 7590 Core i9 and GeForce GTX 1650 OLED Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2019, 08:45:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The XPS 15 is back with new Core i9 options, new GTX Turing graphics options, and new 4K UHD OLED options. We test the highest-end configuration of the XPS 15 7590 to see what the latest series can offer when it's supposedly at its best.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Power-Overwhelming-Dell-XPS-15-7590-Core-i9-and-GeForce-GTX-1650-OLED-Laptop-Review.428748.0.html

Tony

How is the display only getting 86% when OLED is the best options you can get in the market and it's decently calibrated from the factory??  :o

cpu-liebhaber

PWM with 59 Hertz?? "Unless if your eyes are super-sensitive to onscreen flickering, however, then you're likely not going to notice." yeah, right.

A

90% with 50C temperature? No laptop with that kind of temperature should get even 80%. Cause its going to bite you in terms of killing your battery and components.

@Tony - probably due to the PWM flickering?

Bas

would development and not using the Nvidia have better battery life? And does that fall under "productivity"?

Chun Qiu

90% for this machine with uneven architecture (i.e. the core i9 and the new gpu deserve another case and cooling solution), I would like to wait for the review of the X1 Extreme gen 2 and the Zbook 14u g6 before deciding where to invest. I feel that the X1 Extreme gen 2 can be at least 91% and the Zbook g6 can be a surprise this year.

cmd

QuoteXPS laptops are particularly sensitive to driver versions

I'm curious if others have found that to be the case. I've been able to use a mix of Dell and manufacturer's drivers (Intel, Nvidia, Broadcom) with no ill effects.

Ariliquin

90%? Really NoteBookCheck. You did an amazing job of highlighting real world issues, then give this a 90% rating that does not reflect your own findings. You outlined this is the poorest gaming performance of comparable notebooks then go on to give it a 100% Games Performance Rating. This makes NO sense. 

Games Performance 93 / 85 → 100%

Gary

Wow, all the negatives and it still gets 90 score

Seriously damaging your credability NBC!

rating

Yeah, I think the % rating system here is broken, if you want to know whether to buy the laptop or not read the whole review and know what you're looking for in terms of performance/noise/temperatures.  They're good reviews, but the rating system is broken and not a reliable means to decide on whether the laptop is worthy of purchase.

not_anton

Wow, idle power of 19W on a closed laptop deep inside your backpack is just asking for troubles... I hope Dell and Microsoft will figure it out soon!

Off topic: "Power Overwhelming" in title and "it's also the slowest iteration of the i9-9980HK and GTX 1650 we've tested on a laptop thus far" in conclusion is LOL

Mauri

You didn't try grey backgrounds to test vertical banding issue

Steve C

90% for a hot, buggy mess?

There have been major issues on the XPS for years that have not been resolved.

Paid review?

Mark Mas

90% for this? Really... DPC...
Nothing written about speakers?

For the price of this laptop it's totally unacceptable.

william blake

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview