News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra: Giant tablet to feature a 14.6-inch OLED display, almost a 3K resolution and a huge battery

Started by Redaktion, September 17, 2021, 13:30:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

According to a new report, Samsung's next flagship tablet will have a monstrous 14.6-inch display and an equally large battery capacity. The tablet is expected to offer nearly a 3K resolution and a 120 Hz refresh rate to boot.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S8-Ultra-Giant-tablet-to-feature-a-14-6-inch-OLED-display-almost-a-3K-resolution-and-a-huge-battery.562246.0.html

toven

Immediately buy for me if it run windows11. No need to handicap these powerful devices with mobile OS.

Joey Kerr

Quote from: toven on September 17, 2021, 13:46:02
Immediately buy for me if it run windows11. No need to handicap these powerful devices with mobile OS.

Running windows on ARM is more of a handicap than an operating system built for this architecture and its 2021 not 2011, multitasking, split screen, floating windows, Taskbar, fully featured office suite, etc are all available. So please explain why you would want windows 11?

YUKI93

Sounds like a good spec, but I don't think I'll be paying the price of a high-end Windows 10 laptop for an Android tablet. While Samsung DeX is a capable pocket computer for average consumers' work, it's still not a true Windows 10 replacement. Looking at the alleged price tag, even the WiFi-only version cost around $1250 while the 5G version is nearly $1420. There are a lot of capable Windows 10 laptops out there with the latest Intel or AMD CPUs for that same price.

Mkmkmk

It needs to have a page-like aspect ratio rather than a movie 16:10. The world needs a tablet with full A4/letter viewing for graphic books, comics, sheet music...

MFHRaptor

Quote from: Mkmkmk on September 17, 2021, 23:53:23
It needs to have a page-like aspect ratio rather than a movie 16:10. The world needs a tablet with full A4/letter viewing for graphic books, comics, sheet music...

There is one like that.. It's called the iPad.

I can read my books just fine with my Galaxy Tab S7+, and as an avid comics reader, it has the better aspect ratio for that.

toven

Quote from: Joey Kerr on September 17, 2021, 15:04:35
Quote from: toven on September 17, 2021, 13:46:02

Running windows on ARM is more of a handicap than an operating system built for this architecture and its 2021 not 2011, multitasking, split screen, floating windows, Taskbar, fully featured office suite, etc are all available. So please explain why you would want windows 11?
Why would you want to pay for mobile tablet at the price of premium touch screen laptop?
Have you try using windows11 saying it's handicap?
Do you realize that macOS can run both x86 and ARM chip while also much more productive and have more performance than M1 IpadOS even without touchscreen?

Bobbobbobbybob

Quote from: MFHRaptor on September 18, 2021, 03:36:22

I can read my books just fine with my Galaxy Tab S7+, and as an avid comics reader, it has the better aspect ratio for that.

Not even close. The ipad is 4:3, A4 is sqrt(2). There was one like that, the pixel C

Bobbobbobbybob

Quote from: MFHRaptor on September 18, 2021, 03:36:22

Nope. The ipad is 4:3, A4 is sqrt(2). The pixel C was that resolution.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview