News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 owners may be experiencing a fatal issue on their phones

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2020, 21:59:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is undoubtedly an excellent phone but owners of the flagship appear to be going through some travails, two years after the phone was released. Going by multiple reports, the Note 9 is plagued by severe display issues, with owners essentially left with the option of a display replacement outside the warranty period.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9-owners-may-be-experiencing-a-fatal-issue-on-their-phones.482324.0.html

Darin Ridgeway

kurk

i have that problem, i thought i did something wrong and because its out the warranty, i just got a new phone, but to know that its not my fault im a bit mad...

Erick

I have been a Note9 user for over a year now. This issue started after the update and it kept getting worse. Fortunately, after looking for answers I found a workaround.

What you have to do is enable the always on display and then wake up your phone with a double tap on the screen and not by using the fingerprint sensor or any other button.

Onces the always on display pops up you can unlock your phone normally and no screen glitch will be seen.

Joseph Moore

I have a galaxy s9plus when you get a phone this expensive you need to have some kind of insurance on your phone and that would cover it I have Verizon I cracked my screen just before covid19 19 they cam to my house replaced it with the insurance it was like under 30.00dollars if I did not have the insurance it would of been a lot more so with the price of these phones get insurance if you do pay as you go there are ways to still get insurance through like square trade I am not saying that Samsung is not at fault for this and yes they should be willing to fix it for free but if it ever happened to me I am covered

D-Standard

Samsung always kills your phone with an update.  Look at the Note 4, Note 7, and now Note 9.  It's a ploy by them to make you but a new phone.  After they killed my Note 4, I went to the Huawei Mate series and haven't looked back.  Now that Google services have been banned from Huawei, this Mate 20X will have to last a bit longer.

Madhusudan Sinha

My note 9's display is completely messed up. Sometime it just shows a few horizontal lines at top and at other times the brightness becomes too low to see anything. I am not going to buy Samsung again in my life.

Agonzaga

My Galaxy note 9 screen turned green last April 15...warranty couldnt be used...have to spend 15,000pesos for replacement of lcd screen to use phone.

Craig Billings

My note 9, almost 2 years old in December gets incredibly warm. I thought it was the weather or in my pocket. But even sitting in front of AC it gets crazy hot! iPhone here I come...

Kunal Sharma

If you increase the brightnees of the display to maximum the problem will be sorted for a while. I am also facing the same issue & using it in like I was suggested by my friend.

Tim Kuipers

Chris Jordan

I've never had any problems with my note 9 it's working just fine thank goodness 😅
Quote from: Tim Kuipers on July 20, 2020, 09:08:51
My Note 9 still works flawlessly even aftet nearly two years of service.

Driti

same issue for me. SAMSUNG has long history of their products that after a period of time there will be something wrong

Dan D

My Note 9 works perfect even after 2 years. Never had any issues just the battery is not how it used to be. Other than that I'm looking forward to buying the next Note. They are really amazing phones. 😉🙂

Fart

This is done on purpose with the software updates. They purposely make your phone slower, and add bugs so you will have no choice but to buy another phone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview