News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The small NumPad and Arrow keys on most laptops are a joke

Started by Redaktion, July 22, 2019, 01:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonFox

Quote from: Gas on May 22, 2020, 11:17:12
I'm waiting 2 years to see a good laptop to buy. It is incredible that they insist in these small arrow keys you cannot work. As a programmer I use up and down arrows continously. I own an old chinese "clevo" laptop with OK keys and I postpone a new buy because of this. Another stupid thing is to have FHD in a 15.6 inch laptop. There should be laptops with 1600x900 in 15 inches. And should have light for CAPS / SCROLL LOCK and HD/SSD usage.

Only two years?
I've been waiting since 2016.

Now there is https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-Mini-Multitasking-Monster-Asus-ZenBook-Duo-14-UX482-Laptop-Review.513033.0.html
Which is looking nice for me. Except they broke the keyboard layout when improving the performance from the previous UX481.

So: either usable keyboard with an MX250
(which is only a tad faster than my current lenovo yoga with a 940m)
Or: unusable keyboard with the significantly better MX450
https://www.notebookcheck.net/12-Watt-GeForce-MX450-beats-the-25-Watt-GeForce-MX350-Testing-the-Asus-ZenBook-14-UX435EG.514186.0.html

Parag Doke

Same for me. Full size cursor movement keys are a must for productivity. Been waiting for several years to have a decent keyboard laptop.
I'm from India where (IMHO) only the big brands (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus) are likely to have after sales service. So trying to avoid MSI Modern.

Already tried posting feedback several times. Would really love to contact folks who work on laptop design at those big brands ... if they are open to hear. Another way I can think of is to contact laptop reviewers to drive the point back to makers.

Lam

I was looking for a Numpad with arrow keys for a long time until I found this one on Amazon. You could search "Teenii mechanical numpad" to find it.
I love it because it is mechanical and programmable.
Hope that it helps.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview