News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X in X570 motherboard surpassed by unhindered Intel Core i9-9900KS in latest Geekbench reveal

Started by Redaktion, July 15, 2019, 22:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new Geekbench comparison has been unearthed that appears to give a snapshot of the true performance of the upcoming Intel Core i9-9900KS processor. The chip from the blue team has been measured against a powerful AMD Ryzen 7 3800X once again, and this time it has outshone the competition in both the single and multi-core benchmarks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-3800X-in-X570-motherboard-surpassed-by-unhindered-Intel-Core-i9-9900KS-in-latest-Geekbench-reveal.427669.0.html

greystar

1) i9900KS needs a big liquid cooler and has undisclosed TDP vs an air-cooled AMD 3800X

2) This bench has the i9900KS running on overclocked memory specification vs the Ryzen 3800X

Conclusion, when you give the Ryzen 3700MHz memory and provide a liquid cooler the gap will be closed fairly easily, plus you'd be using significantly lower power since Intel states TDP on base-clocks and AMD states TDP on boosted-clocks. Besides there's nothing exciting about the i9900KS. The Ryzen platform also has room to grow to 16C/32T, can't say the same for intel.

Morne Combrink

Don't you just hate fanboy posts like this. Trying to trash the rising star with unfair tests.
Bottom line, if you can't be fair and non biased please leave the testing to the pros who brings out pros and cons on both sides with fair and just conclusions.

DanH

What a pointless article. Comparing a $400 CPU to a likely $550 CPU (with cooler) when you could've used the 3900X that is a bit closer in price just to push your Intel bias.

I need to figure our how to get this website to stop showing up in my recommended articles tab.
-Intel fan

Astar

Intel desperately pushes out an overclocked KS version of the i9-9900 and fakes another Geekbench result knowing the websites that will jump on it! LOL!

What is it you can't fake? Price is much higher WITHOUT a cooler!

Power consumption that is 50% higher! Not to mention temperature!

Not to mention the suspected durability of such overclocked chips!

Intel sucks. Intel marketing BS sucks even more!

M2018

Steve P

This writer is boast and an Intel fan. He should be fired for not being objective. What an idiot.

Pete

Confused Reader

Why did they test on 10 enterprise? Why didn't they disclose what version 10 enterprise was updated to? Why did they test on 1600mhz memory? Why are they using only one benchmark?

This is the biggest nothing burger of an article ever written. Leave the benchmarks to the real tech journalists. This is the sloppiest tech article ever written.

I would usually skip over a stupid article and continue on with life, but I couldn't let this one slide.

The article contains no price comparison, a bizarre ram selection and really provided no value at all. Gonna do my best to never come back to notebookchat ever again. Poor poor content!

Chris W

Geekbench 4 is known to show half the actual DDR speed (reports the base clock instead of accounting for the Dual Data Rate effective speed). Both of those systems will have been running with DDR4 at 3600 MHz.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview