News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo's Panel Lottery continues with 3 different 14-inch LowPower displays

Started by Redaktion, June 27, 2019, 20:20:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new 14-inch LowPower displays in Lenovo's T-series will probably be very popular options among customers, but similar to recent years, there are multiple suppliers and one clear winner.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-s-Panel-Lottery-continues-with-3-different-14-inch-LowPower-displays.426538.0.html

jeremy

The slight differences in color gamut could be down to somewhat normal variation. However, that difference in response time is wild.

About 9 months ago, when I bought my current laptop (X1C6 with the WQHD "HDR" display), I thought the slow response time complaint was just that, a complaint.

Nope. It's still annoying to lose my cursor because it's blurred out. I'm back to Win98 tactics now. Increased cursor size and slight trail (really helped with the DSTN displays). The trail disappeared in the latest windows update, but there are now more cursor settings (size, color, adaptive color, etc). It's pathetic. I've also been further spoiled by a recent acquisition of a large Gsync display. It's not hype. I don't know why I held out for so long. It also makes the compromises of my laptop even worse.

AFAIK, those AMD Ryzen Thinkpads (current gen) have Freesync, too, right? A first for a laptop, I think. iGPU with Adaptive Sync.

Razer sharp blade V7

Greg

United States Lenovo site shows T495 only with 250 nits FHD IPS monitor, and no other choices.

gc

Beware that in the compsarison table, the CCT (correlated color temperature) row green highlight coloring seems confusing.

If 6500K is ideal white, then 7000K is too blue.  So the most saturated green background highlights the worst value in this row, but in other rows the most saturated green background highlights the best value.

Sjojanvic

The backlight color temp is definitely NOT better with higher temperature. It should top out at 6500K.  Any higher implies that they are using crappy blue-ish LEDs. All that extra blue light is also going to give you eye problems later on.

Deee

S.Yu

I gotta ask, why?? Why not just give better panels to relatively expensive models and worse panels to relatively cheap models of the same size??

nbertrani

Anonym

Quote from: S.Yu on July 30, 2019, 13:23:54
I gotta ask, why?? Why not just give better panels to relatively expensive models and worse panels to relatively cheap models of the same size??
It's easy to understand when you look at the IBM history. The objective is to never stall the production line due to a supply issue in one manufacturer, and this does just that. If they started allocating specific screens to specific models, they would have to halt production of that computer model when the supplier of that screen had a delay or was out of stock.

The real criticism here is that there are more screen manufacturers which could deliver more similar quality screens (higher quality even) than their current selection. Samsung does come to mind.

S.Yu

Quote from: Anonym on July 30, 2019, 18:42:58
Quote from: S.Yu on July 30, 2019, 13:23:54
It's easy to understand when you look at the IBM history. The objective is to never stall the production line due to a supply issue in one manufacturer, and this does just that. If they started allocating specific screens to specific models, they would have to halt production of that computer model when the supplier of that screen had a delay or was out of stock.

The real criticism here is that there are more screen manufacturers which could deliver more similar quality screens (higher quality even) than their current selection. Samsung does come to mind.
Thanks, that does make sense.

sidi

Quote from: Deee on July 30, 2019, 11:49:07
Where can you find your panel number without disassembling the screen casing?
Yes, on Windows download HWiNFO .com
Monitor > Lenovo > Monitor Name (Manuf): ***
Linux
Easy enough with strings /sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/edid
Your panel model ID will be the last line of the output

Steve Wang

Does anyone know where to buy the Innolux panel other than Alibaba where sellers require bulk orders (10+)?

KimSH

is a innolux panel on T495 compatible with X1C7? i want to replace my fucking BOE FHD panle with better one.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview