News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 coming in July or August

Started by Redaktion, June 19, 2019, 01:52:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

There has been an update in regard to the release schedule for Dell's new XPS 13 2-in-1 7390 convertible. It was originally expected to be made available on July 10, but it seems potential purchasers will have to wait a bit longer to get their hands on the upgraded device. The XPS 13 7390 should be released in late July or early August.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-7390-2-in-1-coming-in-July-or-August.424789.0.html

Chris Ackermann

I thought Dell would eventually be smart enough to release a device that won't have soldered components such as the SSD... This does not seem to be the case. I bet that many potential buyers of the new XPS 7390 will end up buying a different product. This is a huge disadvantage and losing personal data or not being able to rescue it is a strong reason not to purchase this convertible. It is a shame...

epiCS

If I should buy this I need at least a 8 year garanty for the ssd

Hambo

Quote from: Chris Ackermann on June 19, 2019, 23:05:36I thought Dell would eventually be smart enough to release a device that won't have soldered components such as the SSD... This does not seem to be the case. I bet that many potential buyers of the new XPS 7390 will end up buying a different product. This is a huge disadvantage and losing personal data or not being able to rescue it is a strong reason not to purchase this convertible. It is a shame...

How is that an issue if you're backing up and using Dropbox?

If you're not backing up then you're an idiot.

MariaA

Quote from: Hambo on June 28, 2019, 08:40:09
Quote from: Chris Ackermann on June 19, 2019, 23:05:36I thought Dell would eventually be smart enough to release a device that won't have soldered components such as the SSD... This does not seem to be the case. I bet that many potential buyers of the new XPS 7390 will end up buying a different product. This is a huge disadvantage and losing personal data or not being able to rescue it is a strong reason not to purchase this convertible. It is a shame...

How is that an issue if you're backing up and using Dropbox?

If you're not backing up then you're an idiot.

From reading the above and your comment, I would say that the idiot will be the one who pays USD 1200+ and does daily backups of his private data and system configuration in order to be prepared for the event that the SSD stops working and is irreplaceable  ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview