News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Return of Intel: Core i5-8265UC impresses on Geekbench and UserBenchmark; rated higher than AMD's Ryzen 5 3500U on PassMark

Started by Redaktion, June 15, 2019, 01:41:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The mysterious Intel Core i5-8265UC processor has reared its head again, and this time it has done so in some style. The chip has been spotted on numerous benchmarks and has performed well in all of them, outpacing both AMD's Ryzen 5 2500U and Ryzen 5 3500U in some cases. Intel's processor offers four cores and eight threads for CPU performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Return-of-Intel-Core-i5-8265UC-impresses-on-Geekbench-and-UserBenchmark-rated-higher-than-AMD-s-Ryzen-5-3500U-on-PassMark.423983.0.html

Mehdi

Ryzen 5 3500U is available on UserBenchmark. Comparison link between 3500U & 8265UC:
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8265UC-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2500U/m822560vsm760067

Gere

Look it may rate higher, but i5 for me its one month paychesk n that is just for the processor.. If I can play games well enough with ryzen in an affordable prize, I'd go with that

Bob the builder

Did the author of this article thought through what he even wanted to write about? All I read was " ifs,maybes and could, based on something and nothing" If dog has noting to do he licks his balls.

Astar

Why is Notebookchat complicit with Intel's same old dirty tricks?

Intel's latest CPU beating AMD's previous gen Ryzen? When the new gen Ryzen is already out... conveniently saying that the Ryzen 5 3500U is "not in the database"?

Further... Did I read that correctly? The Intel is 65W while the Ryzen is 15W?!?!

x64436443

They tested and compare CPU with all patches applied and HT disabled or not? For my point of view, Intel created a new paper premiere and didn't inform about security issues and impact on raw performance.

Some time ago we have "training and presentation on new Xeon family and solution Optane by Intel" - they ask us to not record or distribute information. They tried to encourage us to think all security holes are only nuisance problem and don't concern majority. Also, the press wants to find sensation nothing more, but when we pointed out that even VMware warning about security flaws they quick changed topic...

Intel oversleep, now they have only NIC and memory department and products that distinguish on market.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview