News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E590 (i7, RX 550X, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2019, 16:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the ThinkPad E590, Lenovo delivers a quiet workstation with very good keyboard and trackpad plus TrackPoint. The dedicated Radeon RX 550X GPU is only able to realise its potential for short periods of time, as the laptop's cooling system is not up to the task for longer sessions of use.  This means that gaming is not really an option.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E590-i7-RX-550X-SSD-FHD-Laptop-Review.421412.0.html

Igor Yatskiv

Here is a changelog of BIOS updates:
<1.14>
- (Fix) Enhancement to address security vulnerability CVE-2018-12126
- (Fix) Enhancement to address security vulnerability CVE-2018-12127
- (Fix) Enhancement to address security vulnerability CVE-2018-12130
- (Fix) Fixed some of dock issues   
- [Important] Update DPTF table

<1.10>
- [Important] Update microcode for V-0 (Whiskey Lake-U42)
- (New) Enable foolproof function.
- (Fix) Intel Sighting: Fixed USB CAMERA lost issue.

<1.09>
- [Important] Update RAID ROM to 16.8.0.1000.
- [Important] Update Intel GOP to 9.0.1084.
- [Important] Update ME GUID preventing GUID conflict.
- (New) Correct EC WUFU process.
- (New) Disable DPTF monitoring tool.
- (New) Improve HDD detect process.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that user need to press F12 twice or three times to boot from USB device with RUSB key.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that the unit can't WOL from S4/S5 by Type-C G2 dock.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that ME WUFU Invalid file error during updating process.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that UUT hang at black screen 0x00 when run Monitor on off test.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that the unit occured black screen [0X66] when run Monitor on off test.

<1.08>
- [Important] Initial version of ThinkPad E490/R490/R590/E590/E490s/S3

As you may see there is "Update DPTF table" in very latest update.
Was you device tested with that version of BIOS? If no. Can you please update BIOS and re-run emissions and heat test again?

dlcwolf

My Experience with E580 and Radeon 550 was not nice. I bought it just when went on the market, and just after 1 month I burn out the motherboard (or the CPU or GPU) during a short session of video-games. After that Lenovo release the famous Bios Revision with the heavy down-clock of the GPU, or better, the gigantic throttling. This means that you have a initial peak of GPU power, and then continuous evident throttling. I ask myself what is the utility to have a dedicated GPU if then you can use like that. I don't suggest to buy it with the RX550.

Kl

In every review I've read people write about the good keyboard. I guess, most people just never type, huh? Cause I've gotten this E590 with all the same specs, and with all the great qualities, its keyboard is s*** and much worse than in my previous, much cheaper laptops. The screen is backlit almost like on your picture, but I am still not comfortable when using it for even a couple of hours.
And the temperature on the underside feels like too hot all the time even if it's not under load, quite uncomfortable to use it on your lap!
Haven't seen a good keyboard on laptops for a while, I'd say only Legion has a really nice one.
So yep, don't believe them, if you actually type a lot, the keyboard feels cheap, bad, noisy and uncomfortable!

Tomáš Trégl

Lenovo + RX550? Wasted money, RX550 is (50%+ working time in heavy duty like Witcher3) "throtling" to 200Mhz (20%) due to nonsufficient cooling. Without RX500 it´s "P/E good buy", just don´t take it as seems with RX550 - its no cheap gamer. E580 could be "fixed" by using BIOS 1.13, but E590 has no known RX550 solution.

MartinMPP

I bought this laptop when it came out and I did not read this article before. I have experienced performance drops even while starting and running only Chrome. Alt + Tab Performance is terrible. I would not recommend this laptop to anyone. Im trying to see if i can get any more performance out of it. If you know how to fix these issues, please contact me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview