News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony partnering with Zeiss and Samsung on the Xperia 1 cameras

Started by Redaktion, May 10, 2019, 13:07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony looks to have partnered with Zeiss optics for the Xperia 1 camera setup thanks to a parts leak. An eagle eyed spotter has noticed the word MILVUS printed on a couple of the camera components for the upcoming flagship smartphone which is the name of a line of lenses produced by Zeiss.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-partnering-with-Zeiss-and-Samsung-on-the-Xperia-1-cameras.420419.0.html

vrvly

Hopefully they learn to stack images like Samsung and others does. 12-stack to not lose detail and reduce noise.

Joel Raj

Well, I don't know how many Sony fans would have had Zeiss lenses in the past, maybe it's the first time they have spotted it in an official launch image from Sony. Maybe they never had their camera modules stripped so much in official releases? Ya, this assumption is just coz Sony and Zeiss are partnering for ages and they make the lenses for the Alpha range cameras too. And like always Sony makes the sensors! So, coming to the second part........ Can I know what's the source from where you got that there's a Samsung sensor in this phone?

S.Yu

Milvus lenses aren't part of any Alpha system or integrated lenses, they're supposed to be for Nikon and Canon DSLRs. I'm surprised they chose this name as it doesn't even remotely suggest a formula like Sonnar and Planar do, isn't strongly associated with the Zeiss name (new lineup), nor was it ever connected to integrated modules, I'm also surprised it shows up the PCB instead of somewhere readily visible.
Anyhow it's without doubt another "Zeiss approved" design (should it prove actually Zeiss branded) because no Sony-Zeiss has gone beyond that.
A very peculiar development...

Neo_t

Another problem with xperia line of smartphone is camera software it mediocre.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview