News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi 9 SE Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2019, 20:00:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mi 9 SE succeeds the Mi 8 SE and is the Mi 9's midrange sibling. The SE is leaner and more compact than its flagship namesake, but it still managed to positively surprise us. Read on to find out what impressed us and if the Mi 9 SE has any shortcomings.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-9-SE-Smartphone-Review.420050.0.html

D

Can sameone explain me what's compact on 6 inch telephone? Please honestly explaine it, please. Everything above 5 inches can't be comapct. Stop with this "compact" bullshit. Phones was compact when its display had under 4,7 inches and lower. This new phones are not compact at all. Rediculous.

Filip

You should look at overall dimensions rather than screen size when assessing how compact a phone is. Mi 9 Se measures: 147.5 x 70.5 x 7.5 mm. Thats larger but not overly so compared to a iPhone 8 using a small 4.7" screen: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm. Furthermore, there is no objective standard when to use the term "compact", today, most people buy phones in the size of Galaxy S10+, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 or OnePlus 6T. Compared to these phones Mi 9 SE is compact.

D

I looked on overall size. But you can't read with understanding. I don't give a f*&^( what other peple have. Compact telephone looks different. Every producer of phones got mad like idiots and making big phones. If I want a tablet, I would buy a tablet. Telephone is thing to your pocket. But If you have a handbag, ok, bring tablets with you. In the begining there was good trend to make phones smaller, nowadays, everybody needs big screens to watch videos - which is sick in my opinion. To watch a movie or series I have monitor or TV and not phones for Christ sake. Is still only about making money and making them from nowadays trends and nobody look on pracitacility. And don't say I should buy an old iphone without jack. I want normal small android powerful phone with jack. Is not that difficult DEAR PRODUCERS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS BIG AMOUNT OF PEPOLE WHO WANT THIS !!!!!!

Tom M.

Quote from: D on May 06, 2019, 10:31:26
I looked on overall size. But you can't read with understanding. I don't give a f*&^( what other peple have. Compact telephone looks different.

Oh, no, no, no. You've got it all wrong. It's everyone else that doesn't give a F what you think is compact.

I also hate the fact that every phone seems to be 6.4" and almost 160mm top to bottom but I remember times when I thought 5" Nexus is massive, better yet, Galaxy S2 seemed big to me (4.3") when switching from iPhone 3GS.

Of course that being compact is a relative thing and it works both ways. Some electronic devices were very compact 10 years ago but they are huge comparing to today's standards.

Adam123

Could you please re-test the screen with the new DC brightness mode enabled?
PWM flickering is a dealbreaker for me, but if it is fine in DC mode, then I would buy it instantly.

Stan

"Compact" is a relative thing. Apart from being a subjective matter, what's considered to be compact by a majority of people changes over time (see minicomputers). BTW, if you're stuck in 3+ years old criteria and consider 5" smartphones compact, then this is compact. I have a nice, pocketable 5.15" device (Xiaomi Mi 5s) and this one is just 0.2mm wider, 1.9mm taller and actually 0.8mm thinner (meaning that it actually has a smaller volume). How is this one 6" then? Well, thinner bezels and "taller" aspect ratio.  ;)

Daniel Schmidt

Quote from: Adam123 on June 12, 2019, 12:32:36
Could you please re-test the screen with the new DC brightness mode enabled?
PWM flickering is a dealbreaker for me, but if it is fine in DC mode, then I would buy it instantly.
We do not have a Mi 9 SE anymore, but I think the DC dimming will be the same as in Black Shark 2 in which we were already able to test it: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Black-Shark-2-Smartphone-Review.420208.0.html#toc-display-xiaomi-black-shark-with-amoled-display-and-fhd-resolution

Drobatorium

Lol all the negatives are for phones 4 times the price and this is only mid range phone.

How is possible you guys to have sound recording of 82db on your tests and then GSM arena have 95db sound.

It doesn't make sense it's way too much of a difference

vasanth

hi,
i am little bit confused between buying mi 9 se and mi 9t pro. Major usage are camera, wifi, LTE, gaming. I looked at mi 9t pro review and got surprised to find that it have slow wifi, low LTE support. can someone please me  . Thanks in advance

Andrew Borg

I bought this phone very good one. The problem is OTG won't read pendrives.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview