News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Platinum graphics card coming soon but will set you back over US$1,900

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2019, 15:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has been teasing the ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Platinum desktop graphics card on Twitter recently, and it has already attracted some attention from interested gamers. The binned card features the company's Infinity Loop Cooling system, which is a closed-loop water-cooling solution that is installed under the shroud.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Matrix-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-Platinum-graphics-card-coming-soon-but-will-set-you-back-over-US-1-900.420077.0.html

Superguy

These prices are getting ridiculous anymore.  I remember thinking $600-700 for a high end card was nuts, with $1000 being insane. 

And now double that?  For something that will be superseded by something much better in a year?  Just seems ridiculous anymore. Phones are getting the same way.

I could probably buy 4 or 5 decent mid-range cards for the next 4 or 5 years for the price of one of those cards and have 80% of the performance and eventually better over that time than buying one big card and using it for 4 years.

Sure, there are niche uses, but unless you're a pro and/or have money to burn, this is just a waste.

hfm

Quote from: Superguy on May 03, 2019, 17:36:03
These prices are getting ridiculous anymore.  I remember thinking $600-700 for a high end card was nuts, with $1000 being insane. 

And now double that?  For something that will be superseded by something much better in a year?  Just seems ridiculous anymore. Phones are getting the same way.

I could probably buy 4 or 5 decent mid-range cards for the next 4 or 5 years for the price of one of those cards and have 80% of the performance and eventually better over that time than buying one big card and using it for 4 years.

Sure, there are niche uses, but unless you're a pro and/or have money to burn, this is just a waste.

I'm pretty happy with my Asus 2070 OC Edition. I could literally buy 3 of them for the price of this card and have money left over for a couple games.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview