News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Latest Dell XPS 15 9575 BIOS updates result in unresponsive input devices when logging in to Linux

Started by Redaktion, May 02, 2019, 09:24:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest BIOS updates (version 1.4.0 and above) to the Dell XPS 15 9575 2-in-1 have become a cause for concern as they seem to render the keyboard and touchpad unresponsive whenever a user tries to login to the Linux desktop environment. Those who have filed this bug have confirmed that this is indeed a BIOS issue as the problem was resolved upon downgrading to the older 1.2.0 BIOS version.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Latest-Dell-XPS-15-9575-BIOS-updates-result-in-unresponsive-input-devices-when-logging-in-to-Linux.419972.0.html

jjzazuet

... ugh... pretty much... just upgraded my 9575 bios to 1.5.1, and indeed I have no keyboard input.

Phusho

Yesterday I have received mail from Dell support which state - quote
"systems are not Linux certified, so we can not do anything, open bug report with Linux kernel". So you buy a 2k work station, you pay extra for pro service and then you receive such a response... I am speechless.

Scritty

This is still a problem on the newly released 1.6.1 BIOS.

Workaround for all versions with this issue - hit FN+END to enter sleep (or close the lid, by default this will enter sleep mode), then wake it back up. Input will work properly after that.

Gamood

I'm a Dell xps 9575 user running windows 10 fam 64. I can report that the track pads works absolutely inconsistantly: Mouse icon gets immobile at random moments wich is accompanied by unresponsible click. I'm running on bios 1.7.1 since one hour with no change compared to 1.5.1 and the previous bios didn't work either. I wish I could install ubuntu mate but the laptop belongs to my son. Windows update, intel driver and dell driver detects no upgrade to be done. The frozen trackpad issue seem to come from excessive chest pressure that bends the bottom of the trackpad and it also seems that the mouse gets back to life when bending the other way:both thumbs under track pad with fingers under palmrests...

CHIN JEN WANG

Just update XPS 9575 Bios on the week of Sept 9, now the laptop is totally unresponsive, not able to power on, totally black screen, no light comes on, fans won't kick on, no Dell logo shows. Tried many ways, many times to enter the bios recovery mode suggested by Dell and other websites, but nothing works. The computer is dead now. Very, very frustrated.

Scritty

Quote from: Scritty on July 28, 2019, 23:11:36
This is still a problem on the newly released 1.6.1 BIOS.

Workaround for all versions with this issue - hit FN+END to enter sleep (or close the lid, by default this will enter sleep mode), then wake it back up. Input will work properly after that.

This is no longer a problem for me on BIOS 1.10.

WaschBaer

idk, im using the 9575 with bios 1.10 atm, and i still have that issue ( on ubuntu 20.04 , and voyager 20.04 Genome )  did you do anything else other than updating to 1.10 ? ( i cant go any higher cause higher bios, disabled undevolting completly to fix a "security" issue )

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview