News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 10 May 2019 update currently being blocked on computers with attached USB or SD Card storage

Started by Redaktion, April 24, 2019, 18:55:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft is currently investigating an inappropriate drive reassignment bug that prevents Windows 10 1903 or the May 2019 update Setup from proceeding and as such, is not offering the update to devices that have USB storage devices plugged in. The issue will be resolved in a future servicing update and in the meanwhile, a workaround is to remove all external storage devices before initiating the update procedure.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windows-10-May-2019-update-currently-being-blocked-on-computers-with-attached-USB-or-SD-Card-storage.418772.0.html

Razer sharp blade V7

As if anyone cared, but I still haven't been offered a feature update since 1803 or whatever :P It all shows up as "up to date"

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Razer sharp blade V7 on April 25, 2019, 05:55:22
As if anyone cared, but I still haven't been offered a feature update since 1803 or whatever :P It all shows up as "up to date"

Try forcing an update via the Media Creation Tool or create your own homebrew ISO if possible. Not that it's supremely vital but helps staying up to date.. at least till the last known good version.

Razer sharp blade V7

Thank you once again for your help :D Although I've just got to look into that, I don't really feel like reinstalling all over again. At this point, I have to to do that practically every 1 1/2 years :-/ for one reason or another

CASommero

Microsoft is rolling out its new comprehensive windows 10 update 1803 this month and it isn't good news. It installed on Wednesday 5/8 and wiped out my entire hard drive, including my external hard drive where my system backups were stored.

Registry: empty   Email: gone   Documents: gone   Programs: gone Backups:   gone   System: gone.
Not only that, I was caught in a BSOD startup/shutdown loop so, couldn't get in to reinstall Windows 10.

Laptop would not recognize boot repair disk or Windows 10 original installation USB flash drive.

I was finally able to find an old backup from 2018 and miraculously installed that but everything 2019 is lost.

:( Thanks Microsoft!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview