News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eighteen months after launch, the HTC U11+ has yet to receive a single major OS update

Started by Redaktion, April 14, 2019, 14:47:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HTC unveiled the U11+ about eighteen months ago. Since then, though, the flagship has yet to get a single OS update. In fact, bar Android One phones, no HTC device has received the Pie update, and that's a list that includes devices like the U12 Plus—a flagship that was launched less than a year ago.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eighteen-months-after-launch-the-HTC-U11-has-yet-to-receive-a-single-major-OS-update.417154.0.html

Razer sharp blade V8

Pfft. Many Xiaomis got stuck on the initial Android release they shipped with. Lots of Chinese flagships are still on the same delicious (if a bit rotten by today's standards) green robot version as at launch. Smartisan, I'm looking @ ya :P

eldorados

Ricci Rox

Quote from: eldorados on April 14, 2019, 20:08:46
You said no HTC device has pie yet, my HTC U11 life has it. Do your research first.

"In fact, bar Android One phones, no HTC device has received the Pie update..."

Read this again, but slowly this time around.

Avi Alkalay

Htc doesn't give any benefit any more.
All sort of fichers they had before are not available on the 12+. If they will not bring it back I will stop by Htc after 10 year I continually with Htc. 

Ingutia Michael

Htc they are abit sluggish on updates since I bought desire 10 pro I have never seen any update so far

Thinkpad X1 Extreme Users

Personally, I will be leaving HTC behind. I've tried and tried, time after time, to give HTC chance after chance. I've bought every one of their phones since back with the original Evo 4G. I've had the Evo 3D, swapped to Verizon and got the Droid DNA, HTC One M7 all the way to the HTC U11 and this is where I stop. Before, HTC used to update their devices at a somewhat reasonable pace but that is no longer the case.

Yes I understand that you are having financial issues, but by doing this you alienate your users. I am not saying you should be updating as fast as Google. But at least do it within a reasonable time frame. 3-5 Months.

Hell, even Essential, who sold less devices compared to HTC, updated their phone to Phone and sent it out hours BEFORE even fucking Google sent it to their Pixels. Like, yes I understand it's stock google, but Essential sold significantly less phones compared to HTC and yet they managed to upgrade their phones. No excuse. Especially with the U12+ users. Thats just sad.

I'll either be switching to the OnePlus 6T or the Moto Z2 Force. Most likely the OnePlus 6T since they know how to treat their customers and actually update their phones.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview