News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG G703GX (i7-8750H, RTX 2080) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, February 17, 2019, 04:42:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to a hexa-core processor and GeForce RTX 2080 GPU, the G703GX brings all the current games smoothly to the matte 144-Hz IPS screen. We also like the rest of the equipment: an NVMe SSD, SSHD, 32 GB of RAM, and Thunderbolt 3. If needed, you could still upgrade the working memory and storage media.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-G703GX-i7-8750H-RTX-2080-Laptop-Review.408741.0.html

Huang Yi

Again, NBC delivers top quality review. Looking forward to see the review for Alienware Area 51M as I ordered one.
Best laptop review website ever!

Khurram Waziri

Good review, but whats the point of stress testing CPU and GPU and not giving us the core temperatures? Notebookcheck used to have those before. Unless this is a 'live' review and will keep on updating, which I dont think it is.

Khurram Waziri

Quote from: Khurram Waziri on February 18, 2019, 09:00:55
Good review, but whats the point of stress testing CPU and GPU and not giving us the core temperatures? Notebookcheck used to have those before. Unless this is a 'live' review and will keep on updating, which I dont think it is.

Edit: (Sorry for spamming) I'm confused why this machine uses two power bricks with 8750H. Shouldn't one 330W be enough?

eM3

Looks great and everything but the price is absolutely unacceptable.

Theynine

Quote from: Khurram Waziri on February 18, 2019, 09:03:27
I'm confused why this machine uses two power bricks with 8750H. Shouldn't one 330W be enough?
I'm wondering the same thing.  Its the one reason I wouldnt buy one.

Frencho

The RTX 2080 GPU in this gaming laptop is tweaked by ASUS to use up to 200 watt TDP; it's the only gaming laptop with such a powerful mobile GPU that's just 15 watt shy from full desktop RTX 2080 performance. All other gaming laptops have a max 150 watt TDP for their RTX 2080s (AW Area 51m, Clevo/Sager, MSI GT75 Titan). Therefore it needs 2 330 watt power supplies even with the i7-8750H as it has a 45 to 65  watt TDP depending on BIOS. add in screen, lighting, io, wifi, Bluetooth, integrated wireless Xbox controller receiver/transmitter,  4 speakers and all the other stuff to power. You can use it with a single 330 power supply but it will power throttle.

Arma

Probably the best GPU utilization but a let down by a cheap weak CPU, i wish they did review with i9 version, im sure it comes close to M51 gaming performance

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview