News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Dell XPS 15 9580 is still not in the cards, confirms Frank Azor

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2019, 17:07:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While some are not happy to hear that the successor of the XPS 15 9570 is not being developed yet, many users are still waiting for Dell to make things right for them. These issues that need to be fixed are the DPC latency, coil whine, and the dGPU throttle.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Dell-XPS-15-9580-is-still-not-in-the-cards-confirms-Frank-Azor.393156.0.html

ROBERT HAUGE

In addition the lithium batteries explode and  Dell  takes no responsibility.Be careful and keep your laptop disconnected from the charger

Ni

Ni

RxGadget

I spent months and months saving up for my next Dell laptop.  I had to have a 15 inch screen due to vision but I had a couple others reuqirements which included as light as possible with a long lasting battery life.  I so with I had read more Reddit comments and paid sommuch more attention to the Dell Community Forums before I purchased this high end EXPENSIVE lasotio that has less to one of my most dissapointing purchases ever   
Yes I have every issue with the throttling of the speed plus the additional random fan spinning which rarely happens when actually needing the fans to cool down the laptop.  The absolute WORST issue that makes the laptop almost unable to be use ithe the heat generated under my left hand even if just browsing he web and typing emails .  For ablaotio I spend close or over $2,000 (USD) because I added the premium plus multi year warranties  but I have been told by Dell on more than one 1 occasion that I am not really having these issues because the issues aren't existing .  Almost every issue mentioned in the 1st comment has been on Dell's Forun and every Dell Customer Support reply states Dell does not have these issues so they won't look into them add any Tina support ticket to evaluate. I saw several that were actually added to a support ticket and within a day or 2 the Dell Customer Service says we find no issues and the ticket is closed as resolved.  For a company that at one time relied on their customer base they certainly could give a crap about them now

Mike2018

@ Rx
"heat generated under my left hand even if just browsing he web and typing emails"
Hm, really? Maybe you should stop emailing from sauna! :D :D :D

Giovanni Barberi

The rubber inside is annoyingly getting grease from the hands and shows every piece of dust, the aluminum cover is very nice for who is in front of you but very slippery when carrying around.
Should be the opposite, like it was in the XPS ten yrs ago.
The actual is fine just when you un box it

Matthew Rhee

PLEASE add the sleep issues that Dell refuses to address or fix!!! It's all over forums, Reddit, Dell support page, etc. and they won't do anything about it

Codrut Nistor

Vito

We should make a case and sue Dell for selling defective product under Lemon law or whatever.... I mean all thouse greedy companies alike Dell only understand force and only will do something when they start loosing money/business. Enyone in for petition?!

juli_franch

It's a shame that they haven't fixed anything yet after so long, because most issues have been known for months now. At this point it's almost impossible that they haven't heard at least about one of the issues and they've had plenty of time to work on it. But they don't even have the decency to tell people that they're doing something to solve this. What I know for sure is that if they don't fix any of this stuff I'm not going to buy anything from them ever. It shows how much they care about their costumers.

boidsonly

I own the XPS 9550-it will be a cold day in hell before I buy another Dell product. 

Codrut Nistor

Could you tell us what is so wrong with your XPS 9550 to make you say that? Maybe it could help others who are planning to buy Dell laptops or, even better, maybe it will help Dell to deliver better products in the future.

DAVID HILGENDORF

Completely removing and disabling the reinstall of Intel's thermal management software (not easy to do) resolved all CPU throttling issues on my 9570. An Intel 9260 WiFi card eliminates Killer network drops, though Killer's latest drivers finally seem stable. I also disabled Intel SpeedStep in Dell's 1.6 bios. My fans only come on under load and the CPU no longer throttles to 800mhz, which made the laptop unusable. These are all software problems. Many people also repaste the CPU/GPU heatsinks and add thermal pads to the VRM chips to better dissipate heat. This will also help, but I haven't done either yet, just software fixes. My audio crackled until I uninstalled all Waves MaxxAudio software, relying on stock RealTek drivers only. This machine is awesome when it works!

Ryan Dean

Having the exact same issues with a Dell G7.. horrible audio problems and no way to fix it. Also strange coil noises and humming when plugged in emanating from the back of the laptop.

Someone needs to hold Dell to account on these issues.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview