News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No respite in sight for creative pros trying to get NVIDIA GPUs to work on macOS Mojave

Started by Redaktion, December 17, 2018, 05:55:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple users trying to get their NVIDIA GPUs to work on macOS Mojave 10.14 might be out of luck as Apple has not approved any NVIDIA drivers for the OS yet, even months after release. The only NVIDIA GPUs supported are the Quadro K5000 and the GTX 680. This leaves out those wishing to use the improved CUDA acceleration and other proprietary NVIDIA development tools on macOS Mojave out of luck.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-respite-in-sight-for-creative-pros-trying-to-get-NVIDIA-GPUs-to-work-on-macOS-Mojave.381306.0.html

Dan1234

Can't blame Apple, nVidia driver support and fidelity has been garbage on Mac for 5 years. NVidia stopped caring and this is what happens.

Orly

Quote from: ryan wolfe on December 17, 2018, 20:04:49
Learnt? for real? learned. And learn proper english.
Have you tried a dictionary?
Learnt is an accepted spelling as long as it's used as a verb.

Drew

Haha, I just dumped my Mac last week because I was fed up with the GPU situation. I lasted a while, too, I'd been wanting to get into GPU rendering for years and regretted it the minute I shipped off my 2014 iMac with an nvidia card. Got an RTX card today and popped it into the enclosure: boom drivers, restart running. I'm finally back on 3DS Max, I got Vray, Octane and Redshift trials up and running. Windows isn't the OS I'd prefer but after years of making concessions and working the old, slow way it feels amazing to have all these GPU renderers suddenly available.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview