News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 (i7-8750H, GTX 1050 Ti, Optane Memory, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2018, 11:46:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Coffee Lake six-core processor and the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card can display all current games smoothly on the matte Full-HD IPS display. On top of that, the device offers 8 GB of RAM in dual channel mode, Intel Optane Memory and a decent keyboard. However, it also has some weaknesses.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-15-i7-8750H-GTX-1050-Ti-Optane-Memory-FHD-Laptop-Review.376776.0.html

Katherine Evans

Buyer beware. This is a very poor quality laptop! I've been so disappointed by this machine and deeply regret spending my money on this.

I've had mine for less than a year and it is near the end of the life, despite being treated with care. The build quality is appalling- with multiple cracks developing around the joints where it opens, and small bits of plastic cracking off the case in several places. It feels like a child's toy.

The battery died and needed replacing only a few months after purchase. The laptop is also extremely slow-- despite it's very high specification. 

Recently I had the fan repaired after it shattered inside the machine. The repair shop told me that they have encountered this model many times, and that it is one of HP's worst. He said that it tends to overheat and the plastic casing cracks. He also said my hard drive was on its way out, which is why the laptop is so incredibly slow.

I won't buy an HP product ever again!

andyroochoo

Bewaare of anything written by katherine edwards.

i have spent the last week researching this laptop on amazon.co.uk and a person of the exact same name has cut and pasted this review into at least 10 different hp laptop reviews, all on the same day, claiming that her hp laptop started to crack, the fan shattered etc etc.

it sounds like she has had a bad experience with a laptop then has decided to publish fake reviews for EVERY hp laptop.

pretty sad really.

Art in VT

Hers though, is not an isolated incident. I have two Envy 17T laptops which have both had the hinges break free from the casing (which I re-epoxied, with JB Weld, twice) and also had the cooling fan seize up from bits of case plastic catching in them. The keys, being backlit, have only a thin opaque covering so the letters have worn off the top of the about 8 keys so far to clear plastic where the mouse has rubbed on them.
I love them otherwise, but those are significant design problems.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview