News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD claims Zen 2 has 29% higher IPC than Zen 1 in certain workloads

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2018, 04:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Buried deep within the footnotes of AMD's announcement of Rome, it seems AMD is claiming an IPC improvement of about 29% when comparing Zen 2 to Zen 1. AMD did not disclose exactly how much more IPC Zen 2 had over Zen 1, but it seems 20% or more for at least some workloads can be expected.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-claims-Zen-2-has-29-higher-IPC-than-Zen-1-in-certain-workloads.359556.0.html

Mikeleks

Branch prediction not brand*. Try more and bring something unique and not news that we jave already heard. Clicking bait.

Matthew Connatser

Thank you of informing me of this typo, sometimes my fingers slip. By the way, I checked to see if other outlets had reported on this news and I couldn't find that any had. Finally, I think you meant "have," not "jave." I think we can both understand how easy it is to make slight typos.

StiX

This 29% IPC increase in *certain* workloads is most likely attributed to introduction of proper 256-bit wide registers for AVX instructions. Zen1 used combined 128 bit registers for AVX, which was much slower

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview