Register
Notebookcheck
div>

Autor Thema: Next year's iPhones might ditch the Lightning connector  (Gelesen 369 mal)

Redaktion

• Editor
  • High End NB
According to multiple sources familiar with the matter, Apple is currently redesigning the chargers and the charging interface for its next-gen iPhones and iPads. The iPhones expected to arrive next year will probably drop the existing Lightning connector and replace it with USB Type-C, but — unsurprisingly — Apple still has to confirm this.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Next-year-s-iPhones-might-ditch-the-Lightning-connector.308584.0.html

pipo

• Gast
Re: Next year's iPhones might ditch the Lightning connector
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 13, 2018, 16:27:48 »
"What do you think about such a move? "

Stupid.

"If you would have the power to choose, would you keep the Lightning connector around on the iPhone and iPad or not?"

Yes.

"Why?"

Because

1) Apple's type C connector will be, more than likely, not fully compatible with the generic USB-standard.

2) Apple forces people (again) to throw away their current investment in peripherals and buy new stuff. I understand that continues renewal is what drives these companies but I thought we were supposed to reduce our ecological footprint on this planet?

"Let us know in the comments."

I did.

thatd00de

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 13, 2018, 18:30:59 »
this comment XD

LookARabbit

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 14, 2018, 00:41:56 »
From a compatibility point of view it makes sense, especially since MacBooks now use USB-C. But considering lightning ports are still fully capable of doing the job required of them it will be annoying for those who have new lightning peripherals.

Codrut Nistor

• Multimedia NB
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 14, 2018, 08:24:03 »
"What do you think about such a move? "

Stupid.

"If you would have the power to choose, would you keep the Lightning connector around on the iPhone and iPad or not?"

Yes.

"Why?"

Because

1) Apple's type C connector will be, more than likely, not fully compatible with the generic USB-standard.

2) Apple forces people (again) to throw away their current investment in peripherals and buy new stuff. I understand that continues renewal is what drives these companies but I thought we were supposed to reduce our ecological footprint on this planet?

"Let us know in the comments."

I did.
Great answer, thank you! ;)

C 2018 » Impressum     Sprachen: Deutsch | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Русский | Türkçe | Svenska