News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Opinion | 2018 is make-or-break for the MacBook

Started by Redaktion, May 22, 2018, 16:32:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's been 2 years since the MacBooks were subject to a radical redesign of the keyboard, notably introducing the butterfly switch mechanism and Touch Bar. This year will be a crucial one for Apple's MacBook line, and I think we can predict a lot about the future of the line by observing what happens with the 2018 refresh.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Opinion-2018-is-make-or-break-for-the-MacBook.304892.0.html

passenger

As long as xcode is tied to MacOS Macbooks should somehow be fine. Also with all the college kids buying overpriced machines only for surfing Internet and watching youtube videos, I don't see how Macbooks can decline in the near future lol

Spunjji

Quote from: passenger on May 22, 2018, 19:17:00
As long as xcode is tied to MacOS Macbooks should somehow be fine. Also with all the college kids buying overpriced machines only for surfing Internet and watching youtube videos, I don't see how Macbooks can decline in the near future lol

Don't forget the professors, too! They need MacBooks for reasons.

Aniket Bhagat

Quote from: passenger on May 22, 2018, 19:17:00
Lol, isn't that also every smartphone sold in the world as well?

WOF

I don't care about touch bar. But I can't stand butterfly keyboard both of 2016/2017 version. I own 2016 macbook pro 15, but i finally buy used 2013 one.

My 2016 MBP will be my desktop machine...

Tweaker

2018 will definitely be break-it for a lot of Macbook users.  I really don't like the TouchBar, but I won't even touch the keyboard or own a machine with that money-sucking design.  Even the SSD is soldered onboard now.  The modern day Apple is obsessed with fashion and user-hostility.

Darko

Missed article, not seeing the biggest change.

The in-house ARM based Apple chips will make MacBook stand out again.
They will have superior performance and battery endurance.

Sam Medley

It absolutely kills me that people are still throwing money at this garbage. It's not just stupid rich college students; big companies and organizations are buying these up as well. My employer (which is a large government-based organization that employs about 2500-3000 staff) shells out tons of money to buy top-of-the-line 2016 and 2017 MBPs, mostly for IT people that should know better but don't. One of the directors in the IT department in on her 3rd 2017 MBP after having to return the other two (one for overheating, the other for a faulty keyboard). Here's the kicker: my employer is willingly shelling out $3500+ for these machines!

Dait

So sad to see how Macbook have turned out. Steve Jobs would come out from his grave to smack Tim Cook and Jony Ive's head!

You're right, this year is a crucial moment for Apple to prove their intention towards Macbook's future. Was surprised that they didn't use WWDC to announce anything related to Macbook's design just like last year.

This year is a confusing moment to buy or ditch your Macbook.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview