News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2018 (Core i5-8250U, FHD) Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2018, 07:06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Best of both worlds. Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Yoga is a sleek 2-in-1 for business professionals. While the top of the line configuration is an excellent machine, this mid-tier model may be the best solution for most users in need of a well-styled hybrid business device.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-2018-Core-i5-8250U-FHD-Convertible-Review.299148.0.html

ac

Could use a display size comparison tool with x380, x1 yoga and the new x1 tablet (3000x2000).

Some of my latest thoughts on what's not seen yet:
You could have a very light system like the x1 tablet. Then it would have a combo wired+wireless keyboard (the current one is not wireless, and just wireless is too unreliable to me).

Then buy a 17-24" AIO and use TB3 pcie mode to passthrough the keyboard and the SSD from the tablet to the AIO. This way you could have your full system C: drive always with you and when you connect it to the AIO, it gets backed up to the AIO.

The key objective is that you could only install legacy win32 apps once and yet use them in two form factors, without the applications only seeing a difference in cpu performance and different size display (though if the tablet has same res as the larger AIO, they could not even have to see a display change). Isolate the Win32 apps enough from the hardware so that they can't tie their license management to hardware (because the idea is that user is still using only 1 license at a time, either on the tablet or the tablet+AIO). This is not technical problem because the C: drive of the 17-24" AIO is in the tablet (since it's connected with the TB3 cable). The only problem is that if CPU and port resources are availed from the AIO, they may need to go to disabled state while the AIO is not connected, otherwise the software license managers and dongles may be able to detect hardware has changed significantly. Not a problem as long as the license managers are ran while AIO is connected thru TB3.

The only catch is that it maybe the CPUID and such needs to be virtualized so the apps can't see the CPU changing when TB3 is connected.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview