News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First Impressions: Lenovo ThinkPad T480s (i5, WQHD) Laptop

Started by Redaktion, February 20, 2018, 16:23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

HJK

Quote from: D on February 23, 2018, 02:17:31
Quote from: Andreas Osthoff on February 23, 2018, 01:43:41
Yes, our WQHD model is equipped with the regular HD webcam and ThinkShutter, not the IR cam.

This is so incredibly odd. On the main Lenovo page for Germany, when you customize a T480s for purchase, it clearly states that you cannot combine a WQHD screen with the ThinkShutter. Very odd!

The configuration on Lenovo Singapore says lets you pair any screen with or without ThinkShutter, with th exception of the HDR display: that's only available with the ThinkShutter.

Francois

16:10 screens please.  No more of this 16:9 stuff for business and professional use.  Something more Surface-like is good too.

powerslave12r

tipoo

Does this still have the limited key rollover rate as the T470S? I guess not many reviewers are also very fast typists for me to never have read of this design shortcoming before getting one, if you type very fast and hit 2-3 keys in a short time span it doesn't know what to do and drops some key strokes.

B-low

The article closes with: "The full review of the new ThinkPad T480s will be available next week." I'm really looking forward to the full review. Any idea when this will be posted?

zdblsHF

why the weight here is different from the specs listed on lenovo website...?

Lucian

Quote from: B-low on March 14, 2018, 10:35:22
The article closes with: "The full review of the new ThinkPad T480s will be available next week." I'm really looking forward to the full review. Any idea when this will be posted?

It's "marketing". They told us the T480s is the best 2018 Thinkpad and now all of us are checking the website daily for the full review. But before they release it, they give us some boring ones that we otherwise wouldn't probably read. And that's how they increase their website views.

dano

The price is relly only 1300 euro?? Here in Czech republic costs twice the price!!!

AirVetra

Hi, and could some-one tell about the number of lanes for TB3 for mx150 machine?

Is it really this machine has no 4x lanes to use with eGPU?

Very strange as even consumer HP x360 13 has full support of 4x TB3 ports:-(

Toby M

Simply put, the number of PCIe lanes has little to do with limitation of motherboard but the controllers implemented by OEMs. For TB3 there are three: 1 port - 2 lanes, 1 port - 4 lanes, and 2 ports - 4 lanes. Most OEMs use the first one obviously because it's the cheapest. 2 TB3 ports always have the third controller. On Thinkpads, X1 series and the P series laptops with 35-45W TDP CPUs have 4 lanes on the TB3 port and all the rest have 2 lanes. So T480s has 2 lanes, yes.

AirVetra

And as I understand x1 carbon hase 2x implementation with m.2 nvme, thats why the benchmark is 30% less there. Am I right?

CarLazar

The T480s (newest Firmware/BIOS and most up-to-date Windows) has problems with iPhone8 USB-connection - we checked various Notebooks and various iPhone 8. With other iPhones we could not replicate the following issues:

The right USB-Port works only if the iPhone8 is connected when booting the machine - otherwise the connection goes "on-off" in second-rhythm.

When connecting it to the left USB - the connection stays stable for charging, however data-connection does not work...

Anyone else able to replicate the issue?

Best
CarLazar

Valm

I've a flash offer for a T480s that includes the option to upgrade to an i7-8250U instead of the i5 for just 30€ more. It sounds attractive to me, but this test has been done with the i5, and I'm very conscious of noise and heat. Could changing to an i7 change the noise and heat levels? (I'd rather had the i5 if it does...)

Any fast comment could be very wellcome as I don't know how long the flash sale will last...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview