News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix GL702VI (i7-7700HQ, GTX 1080) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2018, 10:30:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Packing a punch. With its quad-core CPU and high-end GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, the ROG Strix GL702VI handles even the latest generation of graphically-intensive games with relative ease. The dual fans have no problem keeping the heat in check, but overall system performance lags slightly behind the competition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-GL702VI-i7-7700HQ-GTX-1080-Laptop-Review.281912.0.html

LWT

Bernhard, do you know what the fan profile was set at within ROG's GC?

Considering how cool the keyboard was, I assume a lower fan setting might be perfect for the GL702VI. Less noise and slightly more heat seems like a good trade.

Bernie Pechlaner

Hi LWT,

In our tests we generally use the default and thus "recommended" settings - so "Auto" in our case - in order to keep the results between the different review machines comparable. That said: if you set the fans to 50 % (about 2800 RPM) in the ROG Gaming Center and start Witcher 3, the GLV702VI automatically increases the fan speed anyway - up to 5800 RPM as a matter of fact - even though the fan setting still says 50 %. In other words: you can pick higher, but not lower RPMs.

Thanks,

Bernie

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview