News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ProBook 470 G5 (i5-8250U, 930MX, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, January 10, 2018, 04:07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Long-lasting laborer. HP's Probook 470 G5 is equipped with a powerful quad-core CPU, a fast NVMe SSD, and a bright IPS display with great viewing angles. It also features a great backlit keyboard and incredible battery life but lacks an optical drive.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ProBook-470-G5-i5-8250U-930MX-SSD-FHD-Laptop-Review.277330.0.html

octa

Hi!
I have some questions:
Would you consider this laptop reliable for working with audio related tasks?
I know that many people in the audio-world have had problems in the past due to NVidia graphic cards conflicting with audio drivers, meaning clicking and crackling even at high buffer settings. Has this problem has been solved in newer NVidia cards?
But aside from that, let's say i would purchase the exact same model but with an onboard intel GPU, i think also usb-port quality and other hardware and software factors may contribute to audio dropouts?
for example if the wifi card is enabled in many systems it can interfere with the usb soundcard. if this is the case, how well do you think this system is optimised for stable audio performance via external usb soundcards?
And a final question:
the only experience with an hp laptop i ever had was aroun 2004-5, when my sister had one. i remember it was always sluggish and laggy, even on just booting or opening the browser or media player.
i have a suspicion this may be because of a lot of annoying hp-apps/processes in the taskbar.
is this still an issue with HP, and if yes, is it possible to just uninstall/deactivate these processes, or are they needed for optimal performance, battery saving, touchpad recognition, etc?

sorry for the long message! 

Pierre

Hi,

How good is the ProBook  to run Autocad or any other architecture software?

THanks!

Cp

Have you checked the NVMe lanes used by this laptop? The lane config for the PCIe are 1x4, 2x2, 1x2+2x1 and 4x1. The wifi adapter might have taken the other 2 lanes. I was seaching for updates on my NVMe just because I'm getting a little over just half of the theoretical advertised speeds of my storage. I ran crystaldisk info, and viola.   

Transfer Mode : PCIe 3.0 x2 | PCIe 3.0 x4 ( Current | Supported )

real intheory

got mine a week ago for 750chf.. very happy with it... the big screen is excellent

Plinius

probook 470 g5 all versions: m.2 pcie has only 2 lanes !
This is also true for all the 450 g5 models.

source HP support (email)

Dililyamin

My HP ProBook 470 G5 i5, Battery not showing time remaining on Windows 10 Pro how can i fix this issue

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview