News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Notebookcheck's best value smartphones of 2017

Started by Redaktion, December 31, 2017, 11:17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Value for money. 2017 saw massive advancements in design, hardware, and, unfortunately in the case of flagship phones, price. Here, we attempt to pick out the devices in each price segment that offer you the most bang for your buck.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Notebookcheck-s-best-value-smartphones-of-2017.262798.0.html

Colin

While I think your list include a lot of good phone, on the high end side I notice that a lot of phone I know are not included on this list. For example, any of the Huawei phones would be great picks, as well as the Pixel 2 line up, even the Razer Phone might be a good choice in that area too.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Colin on January 01, 2018, 23:35:43
While I think your list include a lot of good phone, on the high end side I notice that a lot of phone I know are not included on this list. For example, any of the Huawei phones would be great picks, as well as the Pixel 2 line up, even the Razer Phone might be a good choice in that area too.

Hey there, Colin. Thanks for reading! Do note that this is a best value list, not a best smartphone one. We just don't think that something like the Razer phone provides as much value, at $700, as something like the S8.

Leonardo22

Yes for the amount of device you listed under "notable omissions" it's clear that there were several good devices last year but also i think a device is value in function of the user's needs and it depends on how he evaluates a subset of parameters like camera, display, performance, workmanship, design etc.. From this perspective even a Nokia 2 could be a good value even if it is mediocre globally. For example redmi note 4 is a well rounded package and probably well functioning but like with many other phones it comes at the expense of ergonomics or GUI looks or other things. In the end devices like this offers more power for a lower price point than comparable devices but it's not snapdragon 660 so it isn't all that awe inspiring like one can feel it to be. I think you missed Nokia 5(for fast system performance relatively to comparable devices and high build quality and cameras), LG K10 2017 (for the case, cameras, perceived fast general and web performance), BQ Aquaris X5 Plus, Galaxy J3 for very low price point, it was even gifted with a purchase of galaxy a8 or a5  sometime ago. I would have also taken out the moto g5s as it does'nt have a standout feature but a display with high colour temperature, rather high colour deviations and it costs relatively much more. Devices like this are plain imo as again they doesn't offer a really exploitable feature like thin and super light case, extravagant or practical design or somtehing like these, it seems like there is no more advancement in bringing out new ideas or bring them to the lower end or middle range.
For this year i think best value can be the meizu m6s and moto g6 play at low end as well as nokia 7 plus, xiaomi mi a2 maybe, nokia 6, nokia x6, nokia 5 or other devices that will come out similar to these xd.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview