News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

More evidence of Apple throttling the CPU in iPhones with worn batteries

Started by Redaktion, December 20, 2017, 23:20:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

More users of older iPhones are now claiming an improvement in performance after a battery replacement. One posted a couple of screenshots on Twitter showing the CPU being underclocked to less than half of its stock speed before returning to normal after a new battery was swapped in.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/More-evidence-of-Apple-throttling-the-CPU-in-iPhones-with-worn-batteries.273072.0.html

q

What about iOS on the iPads? I assume that I can't replace the battery in my 10.5" iPad Pro, but I'm in the period when I can still return it...There's nothing in the market right now that is quite like it, and Surface Pro has the Intel-SA-00086 security vulnerabilities that MS hasn't provided a BIOS update for, so I don't see anything else I could replace it with.

CmdrEvil

I have a different explanation. I've had number of devices slowing down as the time passed, also showing extremely short battery life. With a lot of these devices the problem seems to be inability to fully shut them down.
Carring out a power drain method fixed my Tesco hudl 2 and my acer liquid e3.
What you do is shut the device down, open it up, disconnect the battery, press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds, reconnect the battery and turn device on, while doing it I would also do a factory reset.
I am aware that taking apart your phone might be a bit much to ask for some users, but with so many tutorials on YouTube I think it's a skill worth having.
Good luck and let me know if you had similar experience.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview