News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo: First pictures of the new affordable ThinkPads E480 and E580

Started by Redaktion, November 27, 2017, 16:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apart from the mobile workstation P52s, Lenovo has not yet introduced any ThinkPads with the new Intel "Kaby-Lake-Refresh"-CPUs. Now, we have the first pictures of the affordable E480 and E580, which are getting a redesign for 2018.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-First-pictures-of-the-new-affordable-ThinkPads-E480-and-E580.266954.0.html

irving_washington

Event was in Austria (Vienna), not in the Czech republic.
And there is also one important information mentioned in original article that you missed.

Pascal Bourguet, EMEA Vice President  unofficially hinted, that an intensive discussion about display aspect ratio is going on and that there is a reason for business notebooks to use "higher" displays.

Benjamin Herzig

Thanks for the info, I have corrected the article.

I didn´t miss this bit about taller displays, but

a) this doesn´t have anything to do with the new E-Series

b) it doesn´t confirm that Lenovo will deliver such a product

Alessandro Pino

Very interesting! I think the main problem of previous E models was the high weight, I hope they solved that while maintaining the low price.

As for the higher displays, I've been wishing for years that more manufacturers released taller displays (3:2 being preferable).

Filip

I hope they will equip the model with some decent graphic (1050) As an owner of E520 i was considering E570 but didnt buy because of no decent graphic.
E570p (S5) is too overpriced and available only in few countries unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview