News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Accidentally flashed KBC/EC for H507 into H506

Started by snlehton, November 13, 2017, 21:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

snlehton

Hi,

I have a Schenker H506 and I went to see if there are any updates to the BIOS as the maschine has been acting up lately. Not remembering my model correctly, I ended downloading KBC/EC 1.05.08TR and BIOS 1.05.09 for H507 instead of updates for H506.

I proceed to install the updates, and oddly enough the KBC/EC update went through just fine, but of course the BIOS update was not accepted. At this point I realized that I've done something wrong.

After booting the keyboard was not working fine at all: the keys were completely jumbled. With external USB keyboard I have been able to use the laptop, but that's less than ideal situation.

My question is that is it possible to somehow restore the original/previous KBC/EC version? I had 1.05.06 before the update to 1.05.08TR. The Schenker driver download page does not have anything for H506 KBC/EC, and I tried searching with the Clevo model (P651RE I assume, but I'm not sure as it's not specified anywhere in their website - can somebody confirm this). I found nothing.

I've sent messages to the Mysn/Schenker support but they haven't even replied which is odd, as they have been replying quite well in the past.

Can somebody help me? Is the KBC/EC Clevo or Schenker/Mysn specific? Could I get a new KBC/EC BIOS from Clevo instead? Or can the KBC/EC be read from the flash from another laptop? Or is there some other way I could fix this? I'd like to have my keyboard back...  :o

Thanks, and best regards
Sampsa / Finland

snlehton

Mysn sent a updated EC via email today (even though gmail dropped the email as it thought it to be malicious because of the executable...)

Was able to switch the EC to 1.05.07 and after clearing the EC by removing the battery for a while, everything started working normally. I wish Mysn would put that EC on their driver page as well as currently there is no any EC for H506.

I can again write on the keyboard like a normal person, yey :)

Case closed.

- Sampsa

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview