News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Aurora R7 starts shipping today as the first desktop to offer six-core Coffee Lake-S

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2017, 06:12:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The refreshed Aurora R7 desktop from Alienware starts shipping today, including Intel Coffee Lake-S six-core processors and AMD RX or Nvidia GTX graphics cards. Dell claims that this is the first pre-built desktop to offer the Coffee Lake-S processors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Aurora-R7-starts-shipping-today-as-the-first-desktop-to-offer-six-core-Coffee-Lake-S.258638.0.html

cluttered mess!

Wow, what a cluttered & cramped mess inside that enclosure with valuable airflow space taken up by cables & other structures - this is gonna be one hot beast in the most negative sense of the word (ie.  high temperatures!)!

Craig Ward

You can certainly see from the photo of the case rear that the layout they chose didn't leave a lot of logical places to put cables. A lot of thought is normally needed during installation when the case uses a "PSU sits next to motherboard" design (I dealt with the frustration of building in a SFF case that used a similar design before).

Frank Mathis

I ordered my Aurora on the 10th of this month and I can tell you as of today the 29th of October it hasn't shipped out. This article is incorrect, because Dell has no i7 8700k proccessors. I've been given the total run around by Dell, you should check this and do an update to this story.

Craig Ward

Hi Frank. The dates in this article were provided in advance by Dell, so they were deadlines which they planned to meet and there was no intention on our part to mislead readers, sorry.

Dell is normally very good at keeping us informed and up-to-date, and we reached out to our contact regarding availability of the i7-8700k and expected shipping time frames. Unfortunately, it has been several days and we haven't received a response yet.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview