News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Swift 3 SF315 (8250U, MX150, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, October 18, 2017, 15:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Multitalented. Acer's 15.6-inch all-rounder is equipped with a quad-core processor, an IPS display and a GPU with enough performance power to render current games – and more. Even with its high-performance hardware, it offers a long battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-3-SF315-8250U-MX150-FHD-Laptop-Review.258594.0.html

Acerrimo

Nice review. I'm interested on this laptop, but I have a question. How could you say it has two soldered memory banks of 4Gb each if you did not open the chassis?

Vikrant Sharma

hi nice review really good i m not promoting my website i want suggestions that i also wrote the review on acer swift 3. Please go and check my review and tell me mistake and what to improve. Admin please approve comments.

http://www.geektechinfo.com/acer-swift-3-review/

Abstracted

Acer says that the Acer Swift 3 SF314 14" has soldered in RAM, but this Acer, the Swift 3 SF315, does not. There are 2 RAM slots, with both memory sticks being user replaceable.

Please confirm that this is true.

notebookchat-reader

I bought this laptop and wanted to add a few pieces of info:
* The m.2 22x80 slot supports NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 drives (such as the Samsung 960 EVO I installed)

* Chassis can be opened with a T6 screwdriver and something flat to undo the clips on the perimeter (I used a small flathead bit)

* Here is a pic of the chassis opened: i.imgur.com/ijWsfBB.jpg
(sorry can't post clickable links)

* The hard drive is under the bottom-left shield, the m.2 slot is under the top-right shield.

* I did not find ram slots, but then again, I was not able to remove the top-center shield (heatpipes are running through it, so I am assuming CPU and GPU are located there). So I would assume, for now, that ram is NOT upgradable.

* Fingerprint sensor is not of the same quality compared to what an iphone or Nexus 5X offers. I most often need two or three tries until my finger is recognized. Many fingerpress are simply not recognized (i.e. no response at all from laptop).

notebookchat-reader

Another few points:
* The weight is actually closer to 2kg/4.6 lbs.

* The usb-c port does not support Display port ALT mode so no way to get a 3rd screen output via the usb-c-to-hdmi/VGA dongles. (Confirmed by Acer support and by buying 2 unusable dongles)

Mitisko

User: Abstracted writed notebook have 2 ram slot but this NO TRUE. Notebook have 8GB ram 2133MHz in dual chanal solderling in mother board
User Abstracted is suck and bastardo

Rasmus HJ

Anyone seen a reference to where this model is available with 4K / UHD display?

Konstantin

Hello! I have a problem with a laptop exit from sleep mode. When I open the lid of the laptop, it does not respond to its activation and pressing the buttons (even power button). Though there is a heating and operation of the fan is heard. Only after pressing the power button for 10 seconds, it is restarting. Is it a defect or somehow I can fix this problem? Thanks!

Model SF315-52G (NX.GZAEL.002 RU/V2G)

Zsombor

I have a very similar problem (also with an SF315-52G), I can't wake up Windows with my touchpad after sleep mode. As far as I know these errors are known by Acer, and the whole series have them, so I guess they'll have a fix sooner or later. For now I turned sleep mode off as a temporary solution.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview