News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Need help, guys....

Started by Perry, September 11, 2017, 22:13:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry

Hello guys,

I was thinking to buy a MacBook Pro 13 to replace my old MacBook Air these days. But I see the 8250U with 40% increase in performance, sounds really amazing. What about the battery life? Will the 2 more cores increase power consumption?

Do you guys think it worth the wait to buy a MBP 13 next year? Probably another 6 month waiting.......  >:(

Cheers

Klaus Hinum

If the 2 extra cores are not needed, the battery runtime should be similar.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Perry

Quote from: Klaus Hinum on September 11, 2017, 22:19:55
If the 2 extra cores are not needed, the battery runtime should be similar.

Do you think it worth the waiting? To be honest, I don't really need the extra 2 cores, but knowing the performance will be much better next year, makes me don't want to pull the trigger......

Craig Ward

Apple tends to be slower at integrating the newest CPU generations into their products. For example it was only in June that they upgraded to 7th generation Intel CPUs in the Macbook and Macbook pro lines, which were originally released in the first few months of the year. So there is a chance that it will be 2018 before Macbooks get 8th generation.

These "should I wait" questions are always difficult to answer because there is always something better coming, prices will always change etc. If you want/need the updated laptop now then get it now. If you can think of a situation where you will get a significant benefit from the 8th gen CPU and you can wait, then wait.

An example from me: Even with the 8th generation out now, I've just purchased a 7th gen ultrabook, because I deemed the performance to be suitable for what I need it to do, and because I wanted/needed the upgrade now. A benefit that I had that you don't is because I was purchasing a Windows based machine, they had already dropped the price in anticipation of consumers wanting to switch to 8th gen, so savings entered my decision.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview