News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Details of the Kirin 970 surface on Weibo

Started by Redaktion, August 17, 2017, 20:50:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HiSilicon's next-gen Kirin 970 has been spotted on Chinese social media platform Weibo. While much cannot be inferred from the listed specifications, it's shaping up to be a worthy competitor to whatever Qualcomm and MediaTek put out next year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Details-of-the-Kirin-970-surface-on-Weibo.242104.0.html

Sliderpro

Nope, this is crap. Reason - Huawei promised a smartphone, which is faster then iPhone 7s/8.

2.8 GHz A73 is not going to be faster then iPhone 7 from this(last) year.
Either they will be making Kirin 970 for mainstream flagship (yeah, mainstream flagship, like P11) and some sort of ultra-flagship Kirin 975 for mate 10, which goes totally nextgen with A75+A55 and can be faster then iPhone on paper.
So either the news are not true, or they are and we'll be seeing 2 flagship CPUs.

Vlad

In what sort of scenario this Kirin 970 will be slower than the iPhone? I guess you do not use benchmarks on your phone to do your daily tasks, like messaging, calling, facebooking, etc, right? In what sort of application do you exactly think this "lame" Kirin 970 will be slower than iPhone?
iPhones get high scores in benches because they are well optimized, since it is a very well controlled environment, unlike Android. All in all, the experience in my opinion is no worse on Android flagships compared to iPhone. Considering the fact that Apple restricts you as a user in a lot of ways, I really don't care if the animations on an iPhone are smoother.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview