News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Face Off: Asus Zephyrus is Bad Bang for the Buck

Started by Redaktion, August 04, 2017, 18:42:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Max-Qonfusion Why buy a 4 kg 17-inch gaming notebook when a 2 kg 15-inch alternative is available with nearly the same graphics performance? We compare the ultrathin Asus Zephyrus against the hulking G701VI and Alienware 17 R4 to see what benefits and drawbacks there really are if going the Max-Q route.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Asus-Zephyrus-is-Bad-Bang-for-the-Buck.224970.0.html

MOFO

DUH!
Anyone that does there research knows that, saying that there are a lot of benifets to MAX Q mainly portability,  not sure about you but lugging around a AW 17 or ASUS G701VI if you travel a lot or need portable power on the go is a real pain in the a**.

Fred

I can't even comprehend what made you create this face-off in the first place. The Zephyrus is created from a portability and noise emission point of view whereas the other two aren't - all that work for a conclusion which is already known beforehand. :S

A comparison with Razer Blade, Gigabyte Aero 15 or MSI GS63VR would have made sense.

The Title

Guys, look at the title "Face Off: Asus Zephyrus is Bad Bang for the Buck".

I think the intention was more to talk about how it has the same name as nvidia's top card, costs about the same, but has quite a large performance drop.

dthrp

Still, feels like there's no point to being thin and light with no battery life. If I want a powerful plugged in PC, might as well carry a heavier laptop or even a mini desktop in a car. By commuting on foot, well you automatically need battery life for any instantaneous or extended period of access. Until Aorus releases Optimus versions of their laptops or better Max-Q systems come out, I'd take the Gigabyte Aero 15 or P56XT any day.

Dude

Pretty bad battery life for a thin laptop.  If this laptop, packing as much heat producing components as the Razer Blades, is as unreliable as the Blades, then this thing goes from "bad" to "terrible".  ASUS's North American support has been just awful for the last 10 years or so, I would not recommend this thing to anyone.

Dude

Also for the shallow keyboard and bad trackpad positioning - it is stupid for ASUS to go the Apple route for a gaming device with terrible battery life.  Apple's machines are mobile productivity machines with great battery life.  Lugging around a smaller machine all the time means you can live with the compromises of thinness.  Why would any gamer compromise on tactile feedback on the keyboard, especially now that mechanical keyboards are king in gaming ?

MOFO

Quote from: Dude on August 05, 2017, 18:09:26
Pretty bad battery life for a thin laptop.  If this laptop, packing as much heat producing components as the Razer Blades, is as unreliable as the Blades, then this thing goes from "bad" to "terrible".  ASUS's North American support has been just awful for the last 10 years or so, I would not recommend this thing to anyone.

Yes it does have bad battery life but most gaming laptops have this problem ( the ASUS more than others) but who games on battery power anyway?
Temps are fine and not sure why your comparing this to a Blade that generally has loud and inefficient fans where this does not.
In the end at least you have a choice you can have your bigger,bulkier louder laptops with better performance or you can have something thinner, lighter with still great performance.
Choice is good right?
Yeah it's not as good "bang for your buck" but there are good benefits to this design as well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview