News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook X (i5-7200U, 256 GB) Subnotebook Review

Started by Redaktion, July 28, 2017, 02:12:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Novice with space technology. Huawei's first laptop in the fashionable 3:2 format mainly convinces with its case and the excellent screen. The innovative cooling system is particularly interesting. Initially we had problems with the input devices, but more important is the weak battery life. Our extensive test explains while we still consider it a successful debut.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-MateBook-X-i5-7200U-256-GB-Subnotebook-Review.237174.0.html

dthrp

haspok

What a disappointment, both from Notebookcheck and Huawei... How can you rate a laptop with a crappy touchpad 88% ??? Anything less than perfect is simply not acceptable.
This is a portable laptop, right? You want to use it without any accessories, that's why it needs to stay light and have everything built-in working perfectly.
I thought the Verge was exaggerating the flaws with their review, but it seems this is the harsh reality. What a flop.

commenter

Why a lack of the Thunderbolt 3 support is not mentioned at all as a minus? It happens for other notebookchat reviews. I don't say that, but I've got an impression that this article is sort of prepaid by the manufacturer.

dthrp

NBC gets loaned units mostly from third parties so the reviews aren't directly sponsored. The rating system is supposed to be an objective output, but it's not generally reliable since many factors aren't quantifiable and NBC isn't good at selecting and comparing likely alternatives.

Nevertheless, this review is spot on at pointing out minor details and providing reliable facts that many hyped up online reviews choose to ignore. An excellent job as usual.

Laptop itself isn't bad for a beginner's attempt, but the firm has made all the wrong decisions one can possibly make when designing an ultrabook. Each individual point on the cons list is a potential deal breaker for a lot of people and for me, all of them and even some of those "pros" are distasteful.

The only upside here I can tell is that thanks to Microsoft, more Windows laptop manufacturers are making effort to improve the audio and screen quality (or at least pretending like they notice), which is about time.

applebook

The similarity with Apple MacBook 12 is evident. I am interested how much could Throttlestop fix the notebook power management issues.

Dude

A pretty serious list of issues with this laptop.  The only beauty is on the outside.  I have no idea why this thing deserves 88%.

Chuck

Huawei:
At both upper left & right section of the touchpad, there are this small area that we implemented the "touching prevention" algorithm. The purpose is to prevent the touchpad response to the finger touch during typing (see attach picture). This is mainly due to our X got such compact form factor.

ac

Nothing about strong smell / gas from the keyboard.

The local shop has this and Surface Laptop on display and both have same problem.

Even if plastic looks solid, it can be unstable. (or it could be some other material under .. tear the whole thing into pieces and smell every part to find which are the offending ones. or use a vacuum deposition test if you can't smell)

Bergh

I am looking for a new laptop and this seems to be the closest I can get to perfect.
My criterias are mainly that it has to be fanless (or dead silent with a fan) and support a external monitor with a decent resolution while transfering files from an external harddrive.

I thought the USB-C had 10Gbps, but apparently it's only gen1 which has 5Gbps.. But it has displayport 1.2? Does this mean that the transfer speed in USB mode is 5Gbps, while it also has a full bandwidth displayport 1.2 connection?

Can anyone confirm if this laptop supports:
1. 1440p 60hz monitor
2. 4k 60hz monitor
3. Using the left USB-C for power and data transfer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview