News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Buyer's Guide: Which MacBook is right for me?

Started by Redaktion, July 26, 2017, 05:57:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Touch choice. Apple's MacBooks scored pretty well in our test. However, they are far from cheap and affordable. Which means that a deliberate decision is required prior to purchasing one. This article is intended to make it easier for you by pitching all available models against each other.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Buyer-s-Guide-Which-MacBook-is-right-for-me.237108.0.html

senzen

Why a Mac? Way more reliable and secure than Windows (which doesn't mean absolutely secure): so it's the OS, not the hardware. Unfortunately most people will realize this only after they have experienced some malware or ransomware.

The Macbook Air will work for 90% of people, even with its outdated display; preferably with 8GB RAM, when on sale.

The Macbook Pros are for people who can use the retina displays, such as photographers. The poor keyboard and lack of ports compatible with your current devices will slow you down, so it's more of a computer to consume media, not to produce media.

The Macbooks are a non starter: nice display, very thin, anemic processors, terrible keyboards.

The Mac everyone wants but Apple can't make: A Macbook Air with a retina display, thinner bezels, for less than extortionate prices.

10 seconds

@senzen
"Way more reliable and secure than Windows..."
Well, well, well...  :D :D :D
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2531805/security0/researcher-cracks-mac-in-10-seconds-at-pwn2own--wins--5k.html

dthrp

I type 126 WPM on the Gen 2 butterfly switches on the new MBP13, same as I do on the Lenovo Thinkpad T460. So no, the keyboard is only terrible if you haven't tried to adjust to shallow and tactile keys.

And they're not overpriced, only expensive. Which makes sense because for a person who understands why that is, other laptops have too many deal breakers to stick with.

Also they're not reliable because OS X is harder to crack, but because relatively smaller percentile of people use them.

Like anything there are flaws. Nevertheless, they've always been excellent in my experience. All apart from the old Macbook Air is worth spending on.

Marko

While you can adapt and adjust to the shallow butterfly keyboards, you can't deny that the shorter deceleration distance is bad for your joints.  Compare the butterfly mechanism to that of the previous Macbooks, you'll feel that deceleration being very abrupt in the butterfly keyboards.  In the same way that young adults develop so-called Playstation Thumb from mashing short-travel buttons all day. I'm afraid that these new keyboards are way worse for your joints, ergonomically.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview