News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen 15 (7700HQ, GTX 1060, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, July 22, 2017, 17:51:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Changeling. The Omen series by HP is not only known for its relatively good price-performance ratio, but also for its unique appearance. Thanks to a redesign in mid-2017, the gaming notebooks appear in completely new finery. You can find out in our test, what else has changed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-15-7700HQ-GTX-1060-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.236264.0.html

Linuz

Great review, thanks!

A little disappointed with the noise emissions, temperature and battery life. Was somehow hoping that the max-q tech would be more beneficial, but I suppose the lack of graphic switching interferes with that desire.

Any idea how the configuration using 1050 ti, a 60 hz panel and no g-sync would fare regarding the critics mentioned above? I realize that performance would take a hit, but I for one would be prepared to sacrifice it for more mobility (and also it's about 300 euros cheaper)

Jimmy

Great review as always!

I tried the 17inch with 7700HQ CPU and the 1070 GPU. Really liked the case and build quality of the laptop but as Notebookcheck says in the review the fan characteristics are really annoying. High pitched with a whistling sound to it at low fan speed. This makes the fan noise annoying even at idle. The fan also spins up and down for no appearant reason. So my went back. But if you are not som sensitive to noise it is an awesome laptop.

Br J

Erik

Hello, I'm owning 1050Ti version, but I have problem with display. When display showing for eg. grey color surface it became flickering, wavy... it's not static. It can be clearly see when you lower brightness. On full brightness it's not noticable. So I am asking if it is normal or not. Thanks.

dthrp

@Erik:
It's called PWM flickering. A cheap outdated technology that isn't very good for health and used on a variety of low-quality laptops. Look it up.

Seems a bit overpriced for what it offers. Chassis doesn't look much better than some Clevo, with leds tacked on.
Obviously, a slimmer design considering MaxQ usage would be better

Darkan

Why HD Graphics 630 integrated in the processor always remains inactive? There is no way how turn it on to save battery charge in read mode?

Random142725

john smith

Why does every f*cking engineer in every company think they can invent a better keyboard layout???
It's full with great tech completely ruin by the retarded keyboard layout.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview