News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GL62M 7RD-077 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 10, 2017, 19:52:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Entry-level Gaming Laptop. MSI's entry-level model into the gaming world costs about 1050 Euros. You'll get a well equipped 15.6-inch notebook for this price. Its biggest weaknesses are the display, the battery runtimes, and the automatic fan control. MSI should at least improve the latter.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GL62M-7RD-077-Notebook-Review.196152.0.html

Smart PC Gaming

I am very fond of this gaming laptop and with the recent price drop on amazon it makes it that much better, I also posted my own review.  https://smartpcgaming.com/msi-gl62m-7re-407/

Trev0r09

Where is the corrected color profile?  I have this laptop and I do not see any profile that I can double click.

Vasco

Hi.

Thank you for the review. I believe the display's gamma is 2.19 and not 21.9, making it too far from the competition :)

Best

edit1754

This indeed looks like a high-quality TN panel in this unit, judging by the photos. TN panels like this are a lot better than the cheap ones companies have been using, but what makes me hesitant to recommend this computer is because the listed LCD model number, CMN15D2 / Chi Mei N156HGE-EAL, is identical to that in a number of other laptops which have been shown to have very poor TN displays. And the display in the MSI GS63VR-252 at my local Best Buy, which shared this display HWID (CMN15D2), was slightly better than most poor TN panels, but still suffered from the black->gray washout that is not characteristic of good TN panels, which does not appear in the photos in this review.

A Google search for "CMN15D2 Notebookcheck" or "N156HGE-EAL Notebookcheck" will yield reviews of varying results for this display.

Basically, it may be a lottery whether you get a good panel if you buy this laptop. The display shown here seems as if it would be on par with the sought-after AUO B156HW01 V.4 high quality TN panel from the Lenovo Thinkpad W530 days, but it isn't certain if you will receive a display as good as the one in this review.

Seth

Hey, I'm getting into video editing and I've traded in my old games to GameStop and this is the computer they offer it says it is an IPS panel on their website with a gtx1050Ti would this come with the 4gb or 2gb vram and also is the screen replaceable

Gregory

If you are interested, now MSI GL62M 7REX it is at a promotional price with promo coupon MSI1252, check out here :https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_683487.html?wid=21&lkid=11167478

Nathan Hunt

In your review you state that the laptop made an electrical whining noise. I have this same laptop but I have the 4gb 1050ti in it with a 256gb ssd m2 drive in it and to fix the noise you disable c states in the bios and this fixes the problem it also limits the cpu to going to 3.8ghz which reduces heat as well! But there is not much of a performance hit and it doesn't effect battery usage either. MSI should address this with a bios update but I don't think they care because it obviously doesn't effect things but it is obvious this is some sort of bug with the 7 series cpu from intel as certain dell laptops have this problem too and you can solve it with the same
Permanent fix

Denis

This has got to be the laptop I gamed the most with, best deal I purchased to date. I have the (7RDX) version  with the IPS panel and the backlit keyboard, I love so very much how it stays nice and cool, no matter how many hours you game on it. I got it hooked up to a 47" TV with HDMI, so the mediocre speakers are not an issue in my case, awesome budget laptop!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview