News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 14 E5470 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, March 29, 2016, 01:22:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Promotion. Dell improves the performance and stamina of the new Latitude 5000 models and creates a successful working device for the business world. Thanks to exemplary battery runtimes, the new Latitude will even survive long business days.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-14-E5470-Notebook-Review.161556.0.html

alexisbg

Hi,

Will Notebookcheck review Dell Latitude E5470 with Full-HD display ?

There is also a configuration with a Intel Core i5-6440HQ, which seems very powerful CPU.

JV

http://notebook.cz/clanky/recenze-notebook/2016/dell-latitude-5470-quad-core (Czech review. You can find test results screenshot and try to translate whole page with Google Translate.)

I don't understand why TN display model was reviewed. Nobody would buy model with crappy TN display.

I have got model with FullHD display and i5-6200U otherwise same configuration. And I am absolutely satisfied. Keyboard is fine (key travel is alright for me). I would just appreciate dedicated Home and End keys. Fingerprint reader is not perfect (sometimes I have to place my finger 2-3 times). Standard E-Docks are supported.

AW

This person was able to get 2.5" slot and WWAN m.2 slot (2242) to work together on a E5470

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/new-latitude-5470.785426/page-9#post-10227440

Bob

Where can I buy this hard drive brackets(caddy)? I saw some e5470 come with just SSD M.2 without brackets like this one reviewed!

techtalks

The keyboard travel is 1.93mm, which is as deep as any Thinkpad. Still not good enough???

Philip Alexander

I had four of these laptops gone through my hands in the last 7 months ( I resell them). I have always been a fanboy of Lenovo Thinkpads X and T series but wanted to give this little beauty a praise it have deserved.

I am currently keeping one with i3-6100U cpu, 256gb ram, basic tn panel and 8gb ram. And for a reason: battery performance is stellar- I manage to go a full day on one single charge. It have survived a very heavy impact with metal railing on the bus with only lcd cover hinge being dented and here is food for thought: yesterday I have accidentally poured the whole massive mug of boiling hot fruit tea all over it- it was drenched inside out as tea entered the system from top and bottom every opening laptop has. I was very confident laptop died as I lifted and tilted it on side (against every common understanding this would guaranteed a sure death of any laptop) spreading hot liquid all over every single powered component and system...

Conclusion: it took me 30 minutes to fully disassemble the laptop, not memorising what screw came from where, not using any static protection and using toilet paper roll to clean and wipe the liquid (from what I though already dud mainboard) and brushing visible oxygenation amalgam (whitish colour) of short-circuited areas, clearly visible to my eye using an old toothbrush, leaving it to dry for another two hours only and assembling it back completely intuitively... the thing have failed to die. Unbelievable. I have run every diagnostics program third party and Dell's own including stress tests and close monitoring- touch wood no problems whatsoever. Every previous Lenovo machine I had have died on me in exact circumstances. May be it is a pure luck but it really worth mentioning.

In my opinion Dell have raised their quality standards to a completely new level. My though was to sell this machine at a first opportunity but now I am going to keep it, fr sake of curiosity. I have a strong feeling it won't let me down.

Iulian

If anyone interested (i haven't found this information on Google): E5470 with H version of the CPU with only 1 PCI-E slot available worked with a 1TB Memory: Kingston SNVS/1000G
Every laptop manual on Internet says max 512MB. I guess there were few or no 1TB memory at that time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview