News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The future of Microsoft Windows Phone OS could be bleak

Started by Redaktion, January 24, 2016, 09:01:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Paul Thurrott casts doubts on the Surface Phone after revealing that the Lumia team had been largely dissolved.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/The-future-of-Microsoft-Windows-Phone-OS-could-be-bleak.158463.0.html

Puppy

WP is the only acceptable mobile platform if you care about security and privacy. Probably no one cares  :( For me the choice is WP or nothing.

asdffdas

Big mistake to have bought a L930. Unstable, self-reboot, MS disabling functionality... W10M looks better than W8.1P, but also less stable. The phone can't usually locate (GPS). Takes ages to find a network. Once it took me 20~30 minutes to get signal after landing in a foreign country (was ok with W8.1P, this happened after I 'upgraded' to W10M).

Nothing works with it. It also drops calls.

Complete POS. Nokia and MS both deserve to go bust.

Karak

Unfortunately, seems like they were going downhill for couple of gens now. I own Nokia 920 and 930, 930 already broke once and had to be repaired (under warranty), also with updates it seems like it's getting worse. Skype on Windows Phone now drops the video very often - it freezes on the other end or sometimes it crashes so I cannot activate any of cameras anymore - either front or back unless I  restart the whole smartphone. I've been happy with camera quality and offline maps/navigation (they could be better though, as for example I cannot set a through waypoint - just start and finish and no option to select from few possible routes.., seems like abandonware now), but that's it.

Dx

I agree on the security aspect.  The Google answer to security is ultimately just to sell you a new phone.  We have landfills full of dead Android devices.  How long before we get tired of making that much waste?

And on the Apple side they are so focused on apps that their browser stinks, they refuse to adopt OLED 10 years into having it, charge a fortune and still deliver a device that is riddled with bugs, many which never, ever get fixed and we are supposed to be "happy"?  Apple puts up a gigantic msrp and challenges the buyer to see just how much they will put up with while still forking over a mortgage payment worth of phone.  They have horrid battery life, so so performance and all for what, so they can be thin?  The only feather they have is that they issue updates to the vast majority of their devices.  Google, on that front should call it's technological skills utterly pathetic.  Imagine engineers who claim lofty titles and salaries and yet simply can't issue updates to devices running their software.  In today's age even minor Linux distributions with 1/1000th of their marketshare are able to offer updates.  Shame indeed.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview